Spell Check.

algy

Blummin' heck Gary. I've had to download Firefox now (well I already had it but apparently it was very old so I had to update it. Only took a few minute though)

As I'm typing this (using FF) if I spell something wrong it's putting a little red squiggle under the word.... if I right click on the squiggled word it gives me a list of corrections to choose from.

I haven't told it to do it , it seems to do it automatically. Doesn't work on ALL spelling mistakes that are wring though such as it;s haven;t and 'wring' when I meant 'wrong'.

Maybe yours is switched off..

Try this...........

On your FF toolbar at the top click

Tools > Options > Advanced > and make sure that 'Check My Spellings as I Type' is ticked.

Now can I go back to my IE browser now as I don't like this one :)

Blummin' heck Gary. I've had to download Firefox now (well I already had it but apparently it was very old so I had to update it. Only took a few minute though)

As I'm typing this (using FF) if I spell something wrong it's putting a little red squiggle under the word.... if I right click on the squiggled word it gives me a list of corrections to choose from.

I haven't told it to do it , it seems to do it automatically. Doesn't work on ALL spelling mistakes that are wring though such as it;s haven;t and 'wring' when I meant 'wrong'.

Maybe yours is switched off..

Try this...........

On your FF toolbar at the top click

Tools > Options > Advanced > and make sure that 'Check My Spellings as I Type' is ticked.

Now can I go back to my IE browser now as I don't like this one :)

Done all that and itis still not wrking as u can see - and yet itwas -so goin back to Algy's point how come it works sometimes and not othres???

i avurnt got a clue as I;ve never used it until now but  guess what.... I'm still using my new firefox and it's NOT working for me now either but it was before.

I've not closed it or the forum down or owt either as I was using it to upload my forum pics as it's easier with FF as I get the pop up image link box (I don't get that with IE).

How weird..... might have to be a team effort on this one with you and Algy leading the way as you are both seasoned FF experts :lol:

OR... you could just just do what I do and not worry about typos and correct them later when you notice ha  ha

OK so I've got mine working again.

I typed a word... hovered  over it and then right clicked.

In the box that I appeared I clicked 'Languages'  then 'Add Dictionaries'  and added the  ENGLISH-US one as an addon

I think I already had that anyway though so that bit might be totally irrelevant.

The I hovered over a word again.... right clicked.... clicked 'languages; and then clicked where it said 'English (United States) and now it seems to be working again... but for how long I don't know