non bin collection arrogance

wahl

Every time it snows, Duncansby crescent in GT Sankey becomes ice bound as snow compacts.

Every year WBC are asked to grit the road or provide grit

Every year WBC do nothing until the thaw

Every year the councillors are asked to get something done

Nothing ever happens

This year   same again

However the refuse collectors apparently do not work on Mondays and have arrogantly arranged not to collect, but to keep all the refuse until the next collection  where  on the street of course. 

They arrogantly condescend they will accept plastic bags....but only two and only clear ones for blue bin rubbish.

They will not allow residents to use the green bins that stand uselessly around as a substitute for bl;ack bins, because they are green and cannot be used as black.

What a farce

What a crowd of inconsiderate incompetent people are employed in the rubbish department

What do we pay extortionate council tax for?

Bet Burtonwood councillors get their bins refuse collected.

To be fair, if the bin or gritter lorry were to slide into a parked car there'd be hell pay and they'd get accused of negligence. 

I live on a tight bend at the bottom of a cul-de-sac and and in these conditions, even being as careful as I can, my car tends to go where it wants to and a bin lorry doing that could be mega risky. The only time I get a bit miffed is like last year when even our road had cleared up and they still didn't come out in case a bin man slipped. 

I don't think the elected bods have any say in these matters so changing your voting based on bad weather seems all a bit pointless.

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

To be fair, if the bin or gritter lorry were to slide into a parked car there'd be hell pay and they'd get accused of negligence. 

I live on a tight bend at the bottom of a cul-de-sac and and in these conditions, even being as careful as I can, my car tends to go where it wants to and a bin lorry doing that could be mega risky. The only time I get a bit miffed is like last year when even our road had cleared up and they still didn't come out in case a bin man slipped. 

I don't think the elected bods have any say in these matters so changing your voting based on bad weather seems all a bit pointless.

Bill :)

.......As pointless as constantly making excuses for the useless council we have Bill

No they can't, but they make great use of exploiting the weather when it suits them. They use the excuse of bin wagons not being safe to drive on snow, but don't accept that leaving bins for two weeks in hot sunny weather full of rotting food is a problem...

double standards and using events to suit their own political ends.... vote them all out

If I thought I stood a chance of getting in as an independant; someone who would do the best for Warrington and not for a party or for my own ends then yes I would.... trouble is, a red rosette on a donkey would get in in this town at the moment.....

The problem as I see it is that you cannot vote anybody out, only in. You should stand Baz, give it a go.  It would be worth it just to see your manifesto in print   :lol:

wellthe bit about saving £750,000 by getting rid of those damned stupid 20mph limits would be a good start!! the rest may be a little......awkward!!

Wahl... while I do understand your frustration about having asked for gritting/grit many times on that road and being ignored can I just ask (politely) why, other than the fact that your bins weren't collected, do you think your road needs gritting above any other people's roads who find themselves in the very same position with regards to compacted snow or ice? 

Are all the other roads near and leading to  yours gritted and is yours the only one that isn't ? Is your road on an incline and as such is it dangerous ?  Is it a fairly busy road or a route to a school or maybe local shops ?  Have there been many accidents on it in severe weather ?

I just wondered that's all .......  

Dizzy

the road I quote is  not on a slope, and is an example of how the gritting is not getting to the areas it is needed. we were promised grit boxes   ... they failed to materialise

the blue bin is now full and for two weeks it will be useless. so rubbish will go in black bin which is also full so extra bags needed, 

unfortunately we are all expected to meekly expect to take what we are given by "those who know better" just like Britain of 100 years ago