How involved should we get?

observer

The right question to ask is Do we really want these religious fanatics taking hold of yet another Country, They will not stop with Mali, they are spreading like a plague,. If we do nothing they will take over Africa

As a matter of interest, if they take over Africa how would it affect you?

As a matter of interest, if they take over Africa how would it affect you?

I would stop winning that Nigerian lottery.

I would have no phone calls telling me that my computer is not working correctly.

All those ads from water aid for £2.00 a week would stop being on the telly.

Come to think of it may not be a bad thing.

There was a statement made on the news last night about British troops being on the ground  "in an advisory capacity" ,whether that is just special forces , but is this so called "mission creep" creeping in & before long we will be thrown headlong into another lengthy war on terror? What does strike me as funny with this whole North Africa fiasco is that there seem to be a distinct lack of American civilians involved as kidnap or other victims  & America in general is keeping the whole affair at arms length.

They did lose four staff at their embassy last year;  but I think wisdom has prevailed with Obama, and "none of our boys (and now gals)" will be placed "in harms way" , when they can "take out" targets with drones. We can only blame our political class for this, with their notions of imposing "democratic values" on peoples and in areas we know little about; rather than the traditional cynical support of secular dictators providing stability and containing sectarian extremists.

Cleo

It would effect the World if they got hold of Africa, Lots of potential recruits for them ( uneducated) who would blow themselves up for the false promice of 50 virgins in heaven, Africa is rich in resources that the World needs. Mali has always been poor, but until fairly recently it was stable., and many have welcomed the French soldiers, they do not want the very strict Muslim laws that the insurgents bring.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bit of a presumption there  isn't there?

Hey...! Let me tell you something. 41% of africa's population is already muslim and the number is growing every year at the rate of 2.5%.

The muslim countries in africa are as follows -

Egypt, of course

Tunisia
Somalia

Niger

Morocco

Mauritania

Libya

Guinea
Gambia
Pjibouti

Algeria

Other african countries have some muslims.

Africa is rich in resources that the World needs - There we have it! Your main concern is the resources in africa that the rest of the world depends on.

• Downvote 2

So  " Islamist " which we have been hearing a lot of recently as opposed to " Muslim"  which i think has been mentioned previously....is their a fundamental difference to these two religions or are they one & the same or is that particular faith having a corporate rebranding  exercise for the 21st century ? Has Jif now become Cif ?

Oh hum...! Tickle my bum.... clutching at straws.... Nobody but nobody is forced to become muslim.... get that idea out of your head....! People choose to be muslim. I can assure you that I have no desire to become a christian. It's a twisted and distorted religion... Now that has nothing to do with islam spreading through Africa as was your expressed fear because islam already covers Africa so you choose to come in from a different angle......... Well I'm not playing your game. Believe what you wish but make sure it's the truth that you are spreading and not lies and misconceptions.