Sign in to follow this  
algy

Where are these to be found?.

In Warrington where can you find eight cast iron lions heads with steel rings in there mouths.

Arrgh if I shut my I can 'see' one of them and know I have seen them somewhere but for the life of me I can't remember where.

That's really going to bug me all day now Algy if no-one else gets it ... DOUBLE AARGH :P  :lol:

I seem to recall seeing the forementioned built into the walls around the fish market.

Although it may be my imagination playing games with me, I tend to recall they have a slightly green tarnish to them.

Ian

Ian,

If there were (I don't remember them) they are not the ones I'm asking about. I'm not sure but weren't the ones in the fish market fish or dolphin heads.

Ian,

If there were (I don't remember them) they are not the ones I'm asking about. I'm not sure but weren't the ones in the fish market fish or dolphin heads.

I think Ian was on the same lines as me, hence the something 'fishy' quote.

Not Queens gardens Florence, and Wolfie I must admit I was completely 'miffed' by your clue.

Clue - although they are in the same locality, you can't see them at the same time unless using a mode of transport not often seen around town!

I am 'Captain', I think you could only see them all if you were on a boat under the bridge and in the middle of the river. :wink::D

Mmm the fishy quote made me think I'd perhaps seen them in the old fish market too as I've been there recently over xmas.  Clearly not though from Algy's post.

Ok so I went on a boat down the Bridgewater a few months back did I see them there then? .. clearly not there either as that is a canal and not a river.

AARGH AGAIN  !!!!

Dizz my love, unless you had walked the footpath or travelled over the bridge on a bus they are not that obvious, unless your in a boat on the river of course!. :wink:

WarringtonnewBridgeGouldscornerleadingto

Ian,

There goes my imagination again.

Must take a closer look when I`m next in the old fish market.

Ian

Nice old photo Algy, I certainly don't remember seeing them there though.  I must be going bonkers.

On your pic you have marked two on the lamp posts in the centre of the road.  Were these perhaps removed and put somewhere else when the road was changed ?

Silly me. 

I just looked at the photo's I took of the Mersey and the bridge in October when the river was really high and flooded under Arpley Bridge and there are the lions.... so I did see them there after all but they must not have registered fully :oops:

lions.jpg

Nice old photo Algy, I certainly don't remember seeing them there though.  I must be going bonkers.

On your pic you have marked two on the lamp posts in the centre of the road.  Were these perhaps removed and put somewhere else when the road was changed ?

No Dizz, just my poor graphics, they are in the same position on the other side of the bridge vertical walls. Honest to god!. :roll:

Yes I did Peter and that one is a zoom and crop of one of the many I took from there any other spots along the river on the day but can't say I liked walking on the Railway Bridge as it made me feel wobbly. 

Thankfully no trains went over until I'd driven round to the other side to take some pics from there too and was stood on terra ferma (or however you spell it).