Town vs Skem

The Neesk

Tough game yesterday with a spirited performance, if we can get a couple of new players in key positions (midfield) i think we can go on a run.]

Lee Parle said to me yesterday he could be available for next week and i though the new lad Fraser worked hard but you could see he needs some gametime.

I'll have to disagree. I thought we were poor all over. Skem could have had a hatful in the last 30 mins.

I agree about midfield though. We did not spring a decent set of passes together or supply the forwards. Lack of width forced us to play into the congested middle as well.

I think it was clear forall to see it was a much more spirited performance - the Town keepr didn't deserve to be on the losing side and was probably their man of the match.

The problem is Warrington now have a quality striker who is not getting the chances because there is nothing coming from midfield or down the wings.

Luke Holden was a massive loss for the club and has not been replaced.

The new midfielder looks like he will be a good signing.

But time is running out - The team needs to start a run of wins from now on - but it aint going to be easy at Lancaster who are red hot at the moment.

Agree with much of what Adrian and Robocop have said. The service to the forwards wasn't there because the passing was poor in midfield. there was one shot over the bar from 25 yards and one free kick straight at the goalkeeper by my count. We didn't get hold of the game in that area, the only opportunities create we're through Ash Ruane, and of course he had to be taken off early. He was the only player who provided width and pace, he's very important to us from that perspective.

I think when Townson came on we changed to a 4-3-3 - don't think this helped because the service didn't improve, we then just had three men isolated up front rather than two. It meant one extra man in the midfield for Skem who at that point were able to get hold of the game and start creating all those opportunities in the last 20/25 minutes.

Think it's fair to say that there was a lot more fight and spirit in the team than there was on New Year's Day, which was a big positive. They'll need that in Lancaster, it's a difficult place to go

• Upvote 1