Medical Ethics

Cleopatra

Charles Futcher Jr said his parents, war veteran Charles Snr and Hilda, were put on the controversial Liverpool Care Pathway without consent. The husband and wife died within ten days of each other at the same care home in Petersfield and their son said they were treated like 'animals' and doctors 'seemed to take it upon themselves to get rid of them'.

Oh well the doctors do discuss it with patients/carers before putting patients on the pathway. But maybe the patients/carers were just not present at the time, eh?

Oh.....Ok (as taken from the Daily Mail)

• Upvote 1

So you read the Daily Mail too eh?

Does it mean it's not true because it was reported in the Daily Mail?

Does the Daily Mail make up it's own news?

are you confusing the Daily Mail with Billy's Weekly Liar?

Would it be more correct if reported in any other publication than the Daily Mail?

What publication would you accept it was true if it was published in? Any? None? You have a thing about all newspapers or just the Daily Mail?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dear Cole,

"So you read the Daily Mail too eh?.... Yes

Does it mean it's not true because it was reported in the Daily Mail?...... Normally

Does the Daily Mail make up it's own news?...... Sometimes

are you confusing the Daily Mail with Billy's Weekly Liar?......... Is there a difference

Would it be more correct if reported in any other publication than the Daily Mail?"..... Probably

You are starting to argue with yourself.

I have never said that the reports are untrue.

What I have said is that the bad reports are in a minority and Yes they need to be investigated, but that doesn't alter the fact that although The LCP is not the answer to everyones needs for care of the dying it IS a step in the right direction.

Now you can totally ignore the positive reports and concentrate on the few bad ones as reported in the Mail, but there is a difference between what is actually happening and what is being reported. However, what is happening is happening here in rainy Britain, perhaps the next time you visit you will take time to find out a bit more instead of relying on newspaper reports.

I've declined from using a row of :lol:  because I try not to laugh at my own posts.

• Upvote 3

Absolutely no chance of my returning to Britain. Maybe a lot of the british will be emigrating at some time in the future. Britain is shrinking from all the rain :lol:

Warnings are in place that coastal areas may well fall into the sea. But that is a different topic and, nope, not read in the Daily Mail. :wink:  :lol:  :lol: