Fuel bills

asperity

Long time since it was that high, might Lead to extinctions

Would you care to explain how the level of a trace gas, essential for life on earth, can lead to extinctions of any kind? Vegetable growers introduce CO2 at levels far higher than 400ppm into their greenhouses to enhance the growth of their crops.

You say you know what you're talking about and then suggest that 400ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere is going to cause extinctions? The article you linked to says that CO2 levels haven't been so high for 3 to 5 million years. Well I have news for you - 3 to 5 million years is nothing in geological time, and CO2 levels have been many times higher than that in the past. There has never been any link between extinctions (of which there have been many over the earth's lifetime) or climate change and changing levels of atmospheric CO2, apart from the proven fact that CO2 level changes follow global temperature change by around 800 years. Of course you won't know this because you refuse to read anything which doesn't accord with your viewpoint.

Humanity will have to do, what other successful species have done in the past  - adapt or die out.  There are issues of the inter-dependency of flora and fauna though; but with humans, the main problem appears to be over population and over consumption, particularly of energy. So, instead of charging ever more for energy to fund "green energy" fads like wind turbines,, it might help if the Gov pursued a demand reduction strategy first, by providing free insulation to all homes.

What you call "propoganda" is actually factual information, something we don't tend to get from the mainstream media. As I've said before just because something doesn't accord with YOUR particular viewpoint doesn't make it wrong, you have to read both sides of an argument before you can reach a conclusion. You seem to take the same stance as the rest of the alarmist bretheren who don't make arguments but just dismiss anything against your beliefs as somehow tainted. Even the arch alarmist, Jim Hansen is backtracking from his "world will end within10 years if we don't stop burning fossil fuel" mantra and is now saying it will take hundreds if not thousands of years before any effects are noticed, thus making sure he won't be around when he is proved wrong.

Until you, or anybody else can come up with any concrete evidence that man's activities are harming the earth's environment in any life threatening, global way I will stick with my beliefs that anthropogenic climate change/global warming/call it what you want is a load of bull and the people who are pushing the idea are lining their pockets by being alarmist.

All I was doing Asp, was correcting your mis reading of what I wrote

You said that it might lead to extinctions. so what? It might not so why bother saying anything if you have no evidence either way unless you want to cause undue alarm?

Come on Asp, give us another one, that one liner "is actually factual information" absolutely brilliant joke, why don't you look at who funds and sponsors your skeptical web sites, don't look to deep though, you might find something your obviously not ready to know, you've been taken in.

why don't you look at who funds and sponsors your skeptical web sites,

Is that the best you can do, shoot the messenger? You again presume to know what I read when in reality you have no idea who I am, what I read, where I get my information from so when you say my reading list is very enlightening you are just trying to bait the hook in your little fishing expedition. My reading covers a very large number of websites and I'm certainly not going to start listing them for you - you can do your own surfing if you want to find out the truth.

When people are taken in such as yourself, best to let them down gently, What else do you do when they are getting their information from interested parties. If your reading list covers a very large number of web sites, why not post a link that does not come from an interested party??????, One that is truly independent ?????. Should be easy enough for a man with such a vast reading list. :wink:

Kije, would you be in favour of Nuclear power if you didn't work in the industry? What if nuclear power plants are the only source of global warming?
Everyone has a vested interest; fact of life I guess

But man made global warming is nonsense.... evolution tells us that the planet has been subject to warming and cooling over billions of years. This is just a government way of screwing money out of the people