Fuel bills

asperity

Drax power station, has had a management buy out, the conversion to wood chip is an atempt at staying open. Drax is our biggest power station and one of the dirtiest, it has had lots of owners, non of the big energy providers want it because of its age and its pollution, it is an attempt by the local work force to keep the plant open.

The organisation behind Asps article, not that they have ANY axe to grind.

The Institute for Energy Research (IER), founded in 1989 from a predecessor non-profit organisation, advocates positions on environmental issues including deregulation of utilities, climate change denial, and claims that conventional energy sources are virtually limitless.

It is a member of the Sustainable Development Network. The IER's President was formerly Director of Public Relations Policy at Enron.

IER has been established as a 501©(3) non-profit group. It is a "partner" organization of the American Energy Alliance[1], a 501c4 organization which states that it is the "grassroots arm" of IER.[2] AEA states that, by "communicating IER’s decades of scholarly research to the grassroots, AEA will empower citizens with facts so that people who believe in freedom can reclaim the moral high ground in the national public policy debates in the energy and environmental arena."[2] AEA states that its aim is to "create a climate that encourages the advancement of free market energy policies" and in particular ensure drilling for oil is allowed in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and in US coastal waters.[2

I would say it would be difficult, if not impossible, to find ANY organisation without an aim Lt Kije so your "point" is rather futile I'm afraid.

Futile Asp, I don't think so, gets more interesting when you really start to look at who founds them, and who you were taken in by.

Interesting warning from our eco-scientist, saying that climate change is already here and affecting the existence of many species of flora and fauna. So will this race to be green save us from a climatic process that is already in train and will probably take hundreds of years to reverse, assuming it were possible or do species have to adapt to change, those that do will survive, those that don't will become extinct?

If possible Obs, I would like to leave the planet with as many species on it, as when I arrived. Species can go extinct with out mans help, it is a natural process, it isn't natural when man has artificially changed the Envioment, Have we any right to play God and kill of entire species?

This planet has existed for millions of years, and has gone from being a fire ball to ball of ice, hit by meteors, wiping out 80% of living things (incl the dinosaurs), and through a process of natural selection, produced a species that's produced the means to wipe themselves out. The earth puts up with all this and gets over it, and will no doubt continue to exist, with or without us, until our sun explodes. Now can I have a rebate on my lecky bill?!

• Upvote 1