Merry Christmas Everybody

Bazj

About one hour ago I was wandering across sankey valley with my little dog, well more of a very slow amble these days as he is getting on a bit now, and listening to the birds singing in the pre-dawn light. there was the sound of the occasional car in the distance and promises of sunshine from the patches of dark blue sky between the clouds. the sound of a lone crow wafted across the landscape adding to the rest of the birdsong which was the only thing to disturb the quietness of the morning. There was not another soul around, no migrating postmen, no rumble of the morning rush hour, no clatter of trains on the line, not even the wail of a speeding ambulance. And as I stood there waiting for the dog to finish watering the lamp post I could not help thinking to myself. "Only an idiot like me would be up walking a dog this early on Christmas day in the cold"

But so far the day is a good day and hopefully it will get better, once the usual Christmas dinner at mum's is out of the way and I can settle back to not watch whatever is on the TV. (Usually a taffeta dress with matching pumps and a blond wig) er sorry wrong sort of TV.

Anyhow a merry Christmas to one and all and remember a family is not just for Christmas, but apart from borrowing money will probably be only time you will hear from them.

• Upvote 1

Ye won't be taking a wee willie whourt for auld lang syne asperity?

This is truly a happy day for me and I wish I could share the happiness I am feeling inside.

A visit to the doctor this afternoon and he told me that I am going to be ok. Then after returning home I was informed that my grandson will marry in July next year. :D

Merry Christmas everyone.  Hope you are all laving a lovely day. 

No time to make a nice card for you all, sorry... as I now plan on having a few (or more) drinks to try and get me in the festive mood while watching someon in eastenders pop their clogs again as is usual on Xmas day.....or I might watch military wives instead. 

Gosh I know how to party eh ?

Sitting in A&E from 3pm to 6.30 pm listening to festive music was not what we had planned for xmas day afternoon.  Good for letting the meal go down though I suppose :?   :lol:

Have fun everyone and I recon Baz might have the 'best' hangover tomorrow judging by his 9am post :lol:   

Sitting in A&E from 3pm to 6.30 pm listening to festive music was not what we had planned for xmas day afternoon.  Good for letting the meal go down though I suppose :?   :lol:

Have fun everyone and I recon Baz might have the 'best' hangover tomorrow judging by his 9am post :lol:   

Sounds ominous. What were you doing in A&E from 3pm to 6.30pm? Wasn't food poisoning was it? :wacko:  :unsure: