Christmas

Cleopatra

Cleo.... if I try the way Algy suggests and I clikc on the green image button I too just get a greyed out screen and no pop up box.

Regardless of that though Algy's image and some of the others are all .gifs and they seem to work ok and it's just .jpg files that it doesn't like.

My little dizzy duck (which is also a .gif) works fine firect from photobucket too using the normal [img*] and [*/img]code link that we usually use.

dizzy-2.gif 

Can you please give me time to finish editing my post before calling me a show off Algy. Gifs work and that's what mine is (even though I can't access the green image button and did it manually.

Ah brainwave. Wait there Cleo I might have a cheat way that we can get our .jpgs on until it can be fixed.

Yeah Haaaa 8)

OK it's not ideal but until it's sorted all you have to do for now if trying to upload a jpeg link from photobucket Cleo is

1) do it like you used to where you copied the image code link in photobucket (ie the one which starts with [*img] and ends in [*/img]

without the *'s of course as I had to put those there so the code shoed in this post.

2) edit the code so instead of reading [*img] it says [img=  (note  NO end bracket and it should then be followed by the rest of your existing code starting http://

and also REMOVE the [*/img] at the very end and replace with a simple ]

Your .jpg will then be displayed

If when you are in this box you can't see the code then click the top left square box on the reply toolbar (third left of the 'Font' box') as that toggles between code view and post view)

Like I said not an ideal way but it might be all you and me have for now :lol:

Thank You Cleo!

&

All the Very Best to You Cleo, and to Your Husband and Family.

x1036.gif

Yeah Haaaa 8)

OK it's not ideal but until it's sorted all you have to do for now if trying to upload a jpeg link from photobucket Cleo is

1) do it like you used to where you copied the image code link in photobucket (ie the one which starts with [*img] and ends in [*/img]

without the *'s of course as I had to put those there so the code shoed in this post.

2) edit the code so instead of reading [*img] it says [img=  (note  NO end bracket and it should then be followed by the rest of your existing code starting http://

and also REMOVE the [*/img] at the very end and replace with a simple ]

Your .jpg will then be displayed

If when you are in this box you can't see the code then click the top left square box on the reply toolbar (third left of the 'Font' box') as that toggles between code view and post view)

Like I said not an ideal way but it might be all you and me have for now :lol:

Or you could just insert an empty line beneath it. :|  :|

Or you could just insert an empty line beneath it. :|  :|

Wolfie having just looked at your code link in your actual post you are using the same new type code that I used manaully to display Cleo's image earlier (although I didn't have to use an empty line under mine (prob cos I did in manually on the reply box rather than via the 'green button image link') ...... as like mentioned that wont work for me or Cleo and just makes our screen grey.

It's very strange as you'd think it would either work for everyone or not work for anyone at all.

Seems there is possibly a patch available that may sort it though but there's no way I'm applying it and with it being xmas eve I'm afraid neither me or Gary can ask the techies in the US about it either.

We'll just all have to live with the little gremlins and work arounds (where applicable)  for now :|

I'm at a loss that Cleo isn't seeing the same forum web page as we are, unless it's just me that has the image box?, i use the same forum page on the ShipAIS forum and you upload images in exactly the same way!.

I do actually see the same forum web page and green image box in the place shown on your screen shots Algy... even though it's the same as yours mine doesn't work and goes grey just like Cleo mentioned.  Cleo can't be seeing a different forum web page than you/us though as there isn't another version of it.

Weird......

oops... time warp.

Thanks Wolfie ahh.... that's the green 'image' icon that doesn't work for me and just makes my screen grey.  At least it works for some of you though and makes no difference to me as I'll just do mine manually as I usually do my code like that anyway but it clearly needs sorting.

Cheers

I'll tell you what.

………………_„-,-~”~”’:::”:::’:::::”::::”~-,~„
…………._,-”:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::”-„
………..,-‘:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
………,-‘::::::::::::„:„„-~-~—’~-‘~—~-~—~—~„:,’
……..,’::::::::::,~”: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘-|
……..|::::::::,-‘: : : : : : : : - -~””¯¯”-„: : : : : :\
……..|:::::::: : : : : : : : : _„„—~””’~-„: : : : : ‘|
……..’|:::::::,’: : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~—„_: |’
………|:::::: : : „—~~”’~~””””-„…_..„~””””””¯¯|¯”,
………|:::::,’:_„„-|: : :_„—-~: : ”¯¯””|: ~—-„_: |¯¯|