And makes us forget all our woes

As we sit by a warm comfy fire

With our feet up toasting our toes

So to all have good merry Christmas

As soon you will probably hear

Well that’s christmas day over

Time to celebrate the new year.

Evil Sid 2012

I loved Christmas as a kid but coming from a relatively poor working class family it was very different than it is these days. Most of the presents would normally fit into my pillowcase but I think that was the norm back then and often my main present was something that my dad had secretly made for me. Our tree was homemade and as I recall, its base would be always wrapped with the wrapper from last years Christmas cake!

Later when I had my own family, we’d always have a real tree and use the same fairy that my daughter made from sticky paper and a toilet roll. One year while dressing the tree, my wife noticed that a chocolate coin in golden foil had been packed away by mistake the previous year. This got known as the "poisonous penny" and it became a regular feature on the Green household tree until it was eventually eaten nearly twenty years later by one of the kids unsuspecting cousins. :shock::D

As Harry would say.. Happy days!

Bill :)

Imagine a big snow covered house with light coming from windows and porch, green garlands decorating the outside of the house, a few white lights on a tree, a snowman with twiggy arms, the words in big gold letters - Merry Christmas Everyone at the bottom and that's what you would have seen if posting it was possible. OK? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

post-508-0-08462800-1356335762_thumb.jpg

Strange will not let me attach photobucket images but will let me add files from my pc provided they do not exceed the total max file limit of 500k. so you can add pictures but you may have to delete previous ones you yhave posted to make room for them. tried photobucket but says that the image extension is not available in this community. Does not give any indication of what image extension is allowed though. <_<

Cleo, on the bottom line above where I am typing is a small green icon (image) click on this, a small window appears, insert the Direct link from photobucket Clk OK and the image should appear. Dont use the image code that we used to use it will not work.

Good Luck.