Where were are these taken.

algy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey Algy I know travelling around Warrington town centre is hard these days but you can't expect us all to try going via the Bridgewater route instead (although my car would probably float for slightly longer than my other halfs :lol: )

I doubt Asp's ship could ever navigate it though :wink:

Perhaps I should read the whole of a thread before attempting an answer lol!! On the positive side though I hadn't read the answers before giving mine...

Peridot :)

If you look at the 'eyes roll' smiley it is a smmiling one. EDIT - Oops, I've just noticed it's not, I apologies Peri. :oops:

Second pic is canal at Preston Brook with bridge on old A56. Never sure where the Bridgewater Canal ends and Trent and Mersey starts at the junction here. I once lost a Car Tresure Hunt connected with Daresbury Church when the organiser, Rev Canon Becket, insisted canal is Bridgewater up to entrance to Tunnel on North side of the Preston Brook bridge and my answer of up to where the canal separates to Runcorn and Moore is T

Second pic is canal at Preston Brook with bridge on old A56. Never sure where the Bridgewater Canal ends and Trent and Mersey starts at the junction here. I once lost a Car Tresure Hunt connected with Daresbury Church when the organiser, Rev Canon Becket, insisted canal is Bridgewater up to entrance to Tunnel on North side of the Preston Brook bridge and my answer of up to where the canal separates to Runcorn and Moore is T

Pedro the Bridgewater canal ends at the other end of the tunnel (Dutton end) at the the stop lock which has a rise of 6 inches up to the level of the Trent & Mersey canal.

ScreenShot001-5.jpg

Thanks for the clarification Algy - guess both the Vicar and me were wrong over the Treasure Hunt query. I have the same pic of Preston Brook A56 bridge and canal on an old post card circa 1905. Is the tunnel end pic at PB or Dutton end ? Do you have the old pic of PB Station and Red Lion pub ? There are mileage markers near ends of the Trent and Mersey - Preston Brook to Shardlow 92(?) and Shardlow to PB. There was a chap from Hatton did several charity walks full length of the Trent and Mersey a few years back.

The sharp thing on the end of a needle ? :mrgreen:

You could always try with a few up to date pics, I am sure with a bit of cropping you could find a few that would get them all stumped.

I'll have a think about that one Sid, perhaps when I've finished the 'Old Bill' series, probably keep me quiet for a month or so!. :wink:

By the way there is a blunt end at the opposite end to the sharp thing! :D :grin:

Sorry! tuppence!, anyway pass the spoon, it's my turn with the Benodryl. :wink::lol: :lol:.

Asp, I wouldn't dare post some of this content, if Flo' lived in Warrington, as I'm sure she'd have my guts for garters, I just hope she never sends her sister round especially if she's as fiery as Cleo. :unsure::D :grin: