Who's Next.

algy

I have never had a problem with your moderation Dizzy.

I have had problems with Peter going back along time, And when I tried to sort it out, I had to post on the forum problems topic to get any response, To be polite I find his interventions very uneven, and it depends on your political persuasion or what football team you support on how much or how little he intervenes.

Kije, one of the problems you and other posters tend to have is that a moderator should be only that. What people need to realise is that we were posters first of all. That leaves some people with the problem of working out when we are moderating and when we are joining in the banter.

Having been a poster on this Forum for over 10 years I find that any editing or censoring I do will possibly upset some people. To be honest, that's how it is and any complaints about what I do should be written to Gary.

Et al. Politics and football??? sad people. I don't have any politics. I can't stand them. To my way of thinking, politicians and europhiles are fair game, and if the kitchen is too hot stay out. Football, may I refer you to banter.

IF people want me to take a hard line as a moderator,. just let me know. Replies are not necessary. At 72 years of age, I have got the T shirt AND drunk the can of coke.

Cleo and Lt K..... I can only speak for myself here but...

Rather than now just whinging about moderators why don't you try and help. If YOU found/thought something specific was offensive at the time you could have pressed the 'report post' button which flags it for the attention of me/us/admin directly (and you can say why you think it's offensive) rather than me/us having to 'guess' what you all may or may not find offensive and getting it wrong. :roll:

PS Cleo, I presumed the picture (fake) Lt K referred to was the Iran one YOU uploaded showing the poster of the bloke with makeup on which had the rude word. So was that one real then ? You deleted it yourself didn't you after peter mentioned it wasn't suitable but it then reapeared again 'for some reason' so I deleted it for you yesterday.

So is the other one the fake one and is why is it just offensive because of some BNP connection that I don't understand or get. Dont the BNP party stand in elections ??

I can't be expected to know about everything you know.

Now stop whinging and stop picking on mods who have better things to do :P

First of all, Dizzy lovie, the man with the make up on was/is President Ahmadinejad of Iran. The word on the poster which Peter seemed to find offensive was penis. Now don't ask me why that would be considered a rude word because penis is the correct name for a peepee and almost every male in the world has a penis and the word penis can be read anywhere in any publication for anyone regardless of age or status to read. The word penis is well known and used in the medical profession because it is a part of the male anatomy. Ok, you with me so far?

Now the reason why Peter Tatchel was carrying that poster was that he was at a protest about the anti gay regime in Iran.

In a speech given by Ahmadinejad on a visit to America, Ahmadinejad caused much laughter when he stated that there were no homosexuals and homosexuality just does not exist in Iran like it did in America. The truth of the matter is that it does exist and homosexuals are treated very badly by the regime there and if two consenting homosexuals are found guilty of having sex together they can and most probably will be condemned to death by hanging. Thus that is why Peter Tatchel was taking part in the protest of treatment for homosexuals in Iran.

Now, in response to fugtifino's observation that the other picture was a dubious one, I posted the real photograph to prove he was correct. Peter, however, took exeption to it and deleted it, Peter deleted it and not I, and I did in fact challenge him about it. After he said it was because of the text in the speech bubble, I obliterated it and replaced it with the word Censored and reposted it. It was again deleted - by yourself it now appears.

Personally I did not find either picture offensive but I objected to mine being deleted twice while the other one, which incidently had a logo at the bottom of the poster of two naked figures in a compromising position, which was a fake and portraying Tatchel in a defamatory manner holding same placard but pronouncing that underaged sex wasn't always unwanted was allowed to remain in situ.

Bit long winded maybe, but, now you get the picture, so to speak.

Dizzy, I removed the first one for the reason you have mentioned. If it was put back, that to me sadly says more about the poster whom I thought was above such things.

Methinks, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Perhaps we have been to easy going and need to stop relaxing the rules.

And if you do that you will most probably find yourselves moderating each other because there would only be the two of you left using the forum. And yes it was put back by the poster but modified and without the text you stated you objected to. Now, explain why you found one objectionable but not the other - and make it good.

Would be best if you didn't talk about being stricter and stopping relaxing the rules. You are moderators not prison wardens. Just apply the rules more evenly.

By jove! I feel good after that.

Would it be best if you came down off your santimonious high horse and stayed in your pyramid which would prevent you talking down to Dizzy.

"First of all, Dizzy lovie";"OK you with me so far";"...and make it good", who the (expletive deleted) appointed you as high priestess?

Would it be best if you came down off your santimonious high horse and stayed in your pyramid which would prevent you talking down to Dizzy.

"First of all, Dizzy lovie";"OK you with me so far";"...and make it good", who the (expletive deleted) appointed you as high priestess?

Would it be even better if you kept your beak out and flew back up to your nest in the mountain top? I The (expletive deleted) appointed myself high priestess. :lol::lol::lol:

[quote Cleopatra

Would be best if you didn't talk about being stricter and stopping relaxing the rules. You are moderators not prison wardens. Just apply the rules more evenly.

Cleopatra

Someone knocked your donkey over? :roll:

We are NOT and never have been prison wardens, so I don't know where you have got that from. What we do try to do, is maintain a fairly moral and ethical Forum. It is not compulsory to post on here, but if you do, you must be aware that you have to take the chance that you might post something that we find unacceptable.

In other words, you pays your money and you takes your chance.

As Dizzy posted earlier, there is a procedure that you can pursue if you object to anything on the Forum. This would then be resolved privately without nitpicking over silly little things.

As a penance for being a moderator, we do have to read ALL the posts, and sometimes we may get things wrong. But overall we are fairly lax, but find occasionally that people do take advantage and push the boundaries even more.

Kije, You criticise me after the way you jump all over obs on a regular basis?? :roll::wink:

What you have to realise is that the CBI represent big business which unfortunately don't employ the vast majority of people in this country.... that is the reserve of the small business that has to deal with all the EU generated taxes and nonsense without an army of back office staff to carry it out

Big business is largely foreign owned and has about as much of its agenda looking after my interests as a UK tax payer as I have for supporting EU membership!!

Most of its remit appears to be governed by what is being spouted in Brussels rather than what is good for UK PLC

Most small businesses service big companies Baz :wink:

and most big businesses don't like paying small businesses as they see it as their right to be able to dictate terms.... I notice your prcious EU has never introduced manatory payment regulation for small business Kije.... but then again that would be something useful! :D