Sign in to follow this  
Davy51

Post Boy Murder.

My copy of 'Outrages Fatal and Other' has finally arrived. I had to laugh, after all our efforts, it has a photo showing Bruche Brook and the Picaroon (as was) in the background with the caption "Bruche Brook, into which the Woolston mail robbers bundled the murdered post boy James Hogworth, and, in the background the former Highwayman pub, since renamed Picaroon" If only we'd started with the book!

Yes! It's very obscure though. One story is about Bessie Taylor of Lymm who moved to London and took up with a man called George Chapman. This turned out to be a bad move as he poisoned her, along with his 2 other 'wives'. Apparently he's also one of the candidates suspected of being Jack the Ripper.

Bessie is (wait for it) The great niece of the wife of my 1st cousin 7 times removed!

Yes! It's very obscure though. One story is about Bessie Taylor of Lymm who moved to London and took up with a man called George Chapman. This turned out to be a bad move as he poisoned her, along with his 2 other 'wives'. Apparently he's also one of the candidates suspected of being Jack the Ripper.

Bessie is (wait for it) The great niece of the wife of my 1st cousin 7 times removed!

Trace, yer' avin' a larf' Gal. :D:D :grin: