age of criminal responsibility

Cleopatra

If your doing the hard sell, on holidaying in Egypt, your not doing a good job :wink:, perhaps they should sue, To be fair Egypt's government have other issues at the moment with being new, and reselling power off the army, it will not be top of their agenda , given time things will get better for all in Egypt :D

Silly ar*e, these are poor people. How do they sue? No legal aid here. And I'm not trying, wouldn't even think of trying to sell Egypt. It's not my job.

I readily agree with you sadako.

An illustration for you that kids know the difference between right and wrong by the age of 10.

Yesterday my 3 year old grandson came out with a mouthful of obsceneties, which earned him a spank. Obviously at 3 years old he had no idea what he was saying. He was just repeating something the street kids had said.

My 5 year old grandson, his cousin, told him, "You shouldn't say that, it's very bad." So at 5 years old my grandson knows the difference between right and wrong.

How? Because he has been taught to differentiate.

• Upvote 2

It does seem to be down to the way kids are brought up.

I was brought up with the understanding that doing something wrong was painful. Didn't stop me from doing things wrong but i knew that once found out (and we always were) it was painful, all the more so when it was something really bad and you had the wait for the painful part, usually until your dad came home.

• Upvote 1

It does seem to be down to the way kids are brought up.

I was brought up with the understanding that doing something wrong was painful. Didn't stop me from doing things wrong but i knew that once found out (and we always were) it was painful, all the more so when it was something really bad and you had the wait for the painful part, usually until your dad came home.

Spot on SID. Spare the rod, spoil the child. It is all about focussing the mind.Sadly lacking these days.

terrible accident..... and still blame the parents/adult as the tots should be in prams , wearing reigns/wrist straps or holding adults hands near roads.

Are we perhaps digressing a little though as there's no way the age of criminal responsibility would be lowered to 3.

• Upvote 1

Ok Cleo, If your 3 year old whilst playing pushed hid friend into the street, and he got run over and died, Murder, Manslaughter, or?

You are just being stupid for the sake of it now. It would be a damned accident, as well you know, because kids do push each other when playing. Anyone with any sense wouldn't even consider it anything else but an accident. :roll:

• Upvote 1

surely 3 year olds shouldn't be playing out in the streets Lt K so the blame should be on the parent/carer/responsible adult :wink:

Here, kids of 3 years old and even younger do play in the street mainly because they can do because there is no fear of them being snatched etc., as in the UK. However, they do not usually stray away from the front of their houses so parents can keep an eye on them while they play. There is no heavy traffic through the streets, cars and trucks etc, just mainly tuctucs and donkeys and traders with their donkey and cart, and the kids know to get out of the way if any are approaching.

Here, kids of 3 years old and even younger do play in the street mainly because they can do because there is no fear of them being snatched etc., as in the UK. However, they do not usually stray away from the front of their houses so parents can keep an eye on them while they play. There is no heavy traffic through the streets, cars and trucks etc, just mainly tuctucs and donkeys and traders with their donkey and cart, and the kids know to get out of the way if any are approaching.

Only tuctucs and donkey with carts :shock: 'and the kids know to get out of the way if any are approaching' :shock:

Sorry Cleo but that sounds blummin' dangerous to me and little tots as young as that should not be playing out on streets like that IMO even if the grown ups 'think' they are safe and 'know' what they are doing. <_<

Child abductions in the UK are rare, and when they happen, the media tend to focus in on them creating a media storm, at an average of one a day their is a lot more abductions in Egypt, perhaps if people were more a where their might be less of an issue.

As to this

There have been no damned abductions around here

Should it not be

There have been no damned abductions around here as far as I know

:wink:

Child abductions in the UK are rare, and when they happen, the media tend to focus in on them creating a media storm, at an average of one a day their is a lot more abductions in Egypt, perhaps if people were more a where their might be less of an issue.

As to this

There have been no damned abductions around here

Should it not be

There have been no damned abductions around here as far as I know

:wink:

There have been no damned abductions around here as far as anyone knows. This is a village not a town or city. If there was an attempted abduction, first of all it would be thwarted and the culprit handed over to the police and secondly it would pread through the village like wildfire.

Stop trying to be all knowing on everything. You just aint and you are no authority on anything that happens half a world away from you! :angry:

Now get back to the age of criminal responsibility or bugger off! :angry: