Amnesty?

observer

Keith Vaz MP, has complained that the backlog in cases of known illegal immigrants is equal to the population of Iceland (320,000); these are just the ones they know about btw. In answer to the situation, the Minister responsible said, "that first we need to persuade individuals to return home" - what happened to arrest and next plane home? :angry:

Correct, but think you'll find first generation citizens, in the case of the Latinos. If there's an amnesty for our immigrants in the UK, the 300,000 they know about, plus the million or so they don't, would become citizens and thus entitled to vote. They won't be voting to shut the door behind them either - thus the "minorities" will/are becoming the "majority". :roll:

I'm not aware of their policies in this regard, but since the days of Ellis Island, I think US citizenship has been fairly easy to attain. There's a large contingent of ex-pat Cubans in Florida, Peuto-Ricans etc; the illegals (wet backs as they call them) are from all over S/America, entering via the Mexican border, and being employed as cheap labour on farms and as house servants. :shock:

Of course Latinos have been part of the population of the US since it started, and many outnumbered the anglo-saxon contingent in areas such as Texas, New Mexico etc, when they were ceded to the US. But the latest invasion is coming from S/America via Mexico, and they happen to be termed Latinos. :roll:

So - the illegal immigrant driver of the unisured car that killed a teenage girl, caught and sent to prison; then dodged deportation by appeal to the ECHR, cos he'd fathered a kid with a British girl - is just invention is it? btw I've yet to hear the liberal luvvie solution to the problem - amnesty I guess?! :roll:

Out of the entirety of the immigrant population Obs how many time has this happen, yes once is to many, but four or five times out of the numbers you are talking about just shows how desperate you are. You pick a couple of very extreme cases to make your point. You would be better off having ago at the justice system for giving out crap sentences . Their are more killings by racists in the UK than your example, funny you are not bringing up the plight of the victims in these cases and their are more of them?