Whinge about Folly Lane Traffic Lights

Coffee

as it seems mandatory on here to whinge about traffic in Warrington I will do my bit.

Why did the council deem it necessary to put traffic lights on the junction of Folly lane and Longshaw St. Surely for the amount of traffic turning into or out of Longshaw St a mini roundabout would suffice. Did they do it to slow down ambulances and fire engines as the curb over the bridge were increased to so I can not get out of the way in my car anymore.

If the traffic lights must be there, then road markings and a cutting in the curb would help to manage traffic turning and allow vehicles to get by.

they did it so that people coming out of wilson street and longshaw street could do so safely. People tended to come down the bridge there at high speed and if you were coming out of wilson street or longshaw street you ran the risk of being in an accident.

It also helped to increase the traffic flow out of longshaw street when there was heavy traffic going up the bridge and provides for pedestrians to cross in safety to the shops from the wilson street side to the longshaw street and vice versa.

as it seems mandatory on here to whinge about traffic in Warrington I will do my bit.

Why did the council deem it necessary to put traffic lights on the junction of Folly lane and Longshaw St. Surely for the amount of traffic turning into or out of Longshaw St a mini roundabout would suffice. Did they do it to slow down ambulances and fire engines as the curb over the bridge were increased to so I can not get out of the way in my car anymore.

If the traffic lights must be there, then road markings and a cutting in the curb would help to manage traffic turning and allow vehicles to get by.

Welcome to the forum Coffee - good to see you have managed to get through all the anti-spam controls we have in place.

Rest assured your comments regarding the highways situation are being read by the people int he corridors of power :wink:

Well he's right about one thing; if someone is turning right into Longshaw St, they have to wait for oncoming traffic to clear. As the queue behind can't pass (no room) - a sizeable qeueue tends to back up over the bridge. They obviously need to widen the road to allow for two lanes, but that maybe toooo simple.

• Upvote 1

they did it so that people coming out of wilson street and longshaw street could do so safely. People tended to come down the bridge there at high speed and if you were coming out of wilson street or longshaw street you ran the risk of being in an accident.

If that were true how are they managing to stop for the traffic lights? The bridge is some way from the lights. Surely it would make more sense to have traffic lights... (Not going to risk putting ideas into their heads!!!!).

And why did they raise the curb over the bridge?

If any fire engine or ambulance drivers are reading this, please turn off your siren while stuck behind me on Folly Lane bridge, I can not get out of your way without breaking my car, thanks.

Welcome to the forum Coffee - good to see you have managed to get through all the anti-spam controls we have in place.

Yes thanks, with your hekp!!!

Rest assured your comments regarding the highways situation are being read by the people int he corridors of power :wink:

And ignored :)

• Upvote 1