What are we expecting from this season?

WireWarrior97

Now we've reached October, what are your opinions on our progress this season?

We've been up/down, so I'm just wondering what your opinions are on our season so far. :)

What are we realistically expecting for this season now?

I would aim for the top 6 by Christmas and then top 3 by the end of the season. Our main problem so far has been our consistency, but on our day we are easily good enough to beat most teams in our league.

Did you go yesterday?

On that performance, that was the start of the season. great game, great result. I will answer your question after the next two games.

The problem for the next 3 games is that we lose Luke Holden to suspension. But Allan Collins seems to have livened things up with his speed and movement.

If we can get the winning habit, I will agree with what you have said, which concurs with my pre-season predictions.

Did you go yesterday?

On that performance, that was the start of the season. great game, great result. I will answer your question after the next two games.

The problem for the next 3 games is that we lose Luke Holden to suspension. But Allan Collins seems to have livened things up with his speed and movement.

If we can get the winning habit, I will agree with what you have said, which concurs with my pre-season predictions.

Yes, of course I went yesterday. Why would you suggest I didn't? :)

I agree that the next 2 games are vital. Consistency has been one of a few problems we have had this season, so a good win over Prescot (Who are not as good as Goole) and a win over Radcliffe would show we have recovered from the problems we have had.

Radcliffe have recently lost a few of their best players (Nick Culkin and Chris McDonagh are the biggest names) so we are catching them at the right time as they are recovering.

I am sure Luke Holden is out for 5 games?

Allan Collins might just be the player to make the difference for us. I have said before we have had problems turning possession into attacks, and attacks into goals, and Collins can certainly do both. Yesterday proved that.

But these next 2 games are vital, we do need to get the winning habit going.

"so a good win over Prescot (Who are not as good as Goole)"

Saturday 22nd September 2012

First Division North

Goole AFC 0 Prescot Cables 1.

Current table:-

16. Prescot Cables P 11 W 2 D 2 L 7 Pts 8

21. Goole AFC P 11 W 1 D 0 L 10 Pts 3

First Division North

Prescot are certainly performing better than Goole are, but not by much.

The fact is that we must win these games, as if we don't we'll be going nowhere fast.

With luck we'll find a settled side and start to turn in better performances.

I certinly hope that is the case.

See you all later?

First Division North

Prescot are doing better so far this season, but from what I've heard Goole have a decent set-up and are just in a bad patch at the moment. They are definitely underachieving.

By your standards, are West Brom the 6th best team in England? Are Rangers the 33rd best team in Scotland?

After only about 10 games, the league table still isn't concrete. Wouldn't compare teams with their positions just yet. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...