Sankey junction alterations

Redstar

Is it a subtle plot?  To allow the roads to deteriorate with pot holes to the extent that folk give up their cars and take to their bikes?! :lol:

Genius, well it would be if the pot holes affected only cars and cyclists floated straight over them  :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

Looks like the consultation farce is over  as the men in yellow coats were out this afternoon on the central reservation of Sankey Way.

Looks like they mean business as they were trying to read a bloody big drawing. It could have been a map of course. perhaps they were lost. !!

More chaos on one of the few roads in and out of the Borough that actually work.

Looks like the consultation farce is over  as the men in yellow coats were out this afternoon on the central reservation of Sankey Way.

Looks like they mean business as they were trying to read a bloody big drawing. It could have been a map of course. perhaps they were lost. !!

More chaos on one of the few roads in and out of the Borough that actually work.

They are all lost

Like any prudent council, WBC keeps a discrete reserve of cash in case of unforeseen expenses, an extremely hard winter or suchlike.

It's that time of year again, where, with government funding towards its 2014/2015 budget in mind, the council indulges in a little spending to rid itself of this embarrassing surplus and balance the 2013/2014 books.

It happens every year, check back next year at this time and see if I'm wrong!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Notice of road closures on Sankey Way and Cromwell Avenue, diversions and impending chaos posted in Warrington Guardian last week. Perhaps someone from on high can enlighten  as to how the  consultation went and if any suggestions from  us plebs were ever considered? Looks as something that isn't broken is going to get fixed.  Restrictions (overnight ?) are due to last 16 weeks. 

The councillors don't work for us once they are elected; they work for them selves and work on their own little pet projects.... they never listen and never will.... vote them all out and have a full change next time round and get rid of some of these self serving career councillors that have been in office for years and years and along with their spouses have made a nice little family business out of it all

• Upvote 1

Damn I haven't got last weeks guardian.  Is the info about the road closures, times, dates and works about to be carried out on line anywhere Borris ?

Not just being nosey I do actually need to know for a change !

Don't give me rollyeyes grumpy guts :P   I tried looking on their website but couldn't find it and it kept freezing. 

Funny that some of the businesses right on the island never received anything about the possible layout changes or the consultation though.  Wonder why that was or maybe they are not classed as being close enough :lol:

Dizzy,

There was an outline plan issued online weeks ago which I found difficult to read as it didn't tend to lend itself to being enlarged on my desktop. I read in WG (it's in the legal notices bit)  that the initial work starts next Monday week and concerns right turns and traffic bans at the junction of Cromwell  and Sankey Way. I guess that there is quite a bit of work overnight (10 til 7a.m.) as   Cromwell is to be closed with diversions via Canons Road to Whittle Brook. Nothing much happening at the tear drop roundabout. I guess there will be many tears of frustration during the next 16 weeks, plus over runs.

only grumpy until i have had my second cup of coffee which i am enjoying at the moment. (although Mrs Sid would disagree about that time frame).

On a slight tangent have you been having any problems with the spell checker on here? seems that since i upgraded fiefox it has stopped working but only on this site which is a bit odd.

now as for the  alterartions it is getting up to the end of the financial year again and all that money that they put aside early on in the year has got to be spent before april so that they can apply for extra money for this years budget. (standard procedure for any government establishment).

• 5 months later...

Well this has started. Bus lane from St Gregs is going and yes can you believe it they are not just painting over it, but removing it and have moved the kerbs out to cover it over. Now as the queues in rush hour already fill this how can widening the pavement assist both the buses (who now have to pull out into the flow as they cant drive straight on) or traffic generally?

Probably be safer as the cars behind the bus will now have to wait for the bus to start moving or until they can pass. The bus stop outside St. Gregg's was never positioned very well anyway and the driver would only see waiting passengers atthe last minute.

I still can't find the online plans which detail all the changes.  Does anyone know where they are ?

We were talking about it the other day when I was over that way and I thought the new 4 lanes to the Pink Eye (Sankey) roundabout were being put in as you come past Crosfields from the town direction towards the island but one of the businesses round there thought  the 4 lanes were being put in from the Sankey Way side coming in towards town from the Cromwell Ave side.  Apparently when the council bod went round to speak to the businesses near the island a few weeks back they really confused matters and didn't make much sense so no-one round there has a clue what's going on now.

I still can't find the online plans which detail all the changes.  Does anyone know where they are ?

We were talking about it the other day when I was over that way and I thought the new 4 lanes to the Pink Eye (Sankey) roundabout were being put in as you come past Crosfields from the town direction towards the island but one of the businesses round there thought  the 4 lanes were being put in from the Sankey Way side coming in towards town from the Cromwell Ave side.  Apparently when the council bod went round to speak to the businesses near the island a few weeks back they really confused matters and didn't make much sense so no-one round there has a clue what's going on now.

The 4 lanes will be on the access to the roundabout from the end of the old Liverpool Road. ( Me thinks)  The most bizarre change will be the new bus lane running down the  Sankey Way central reservation accessing the Tear Drop roundabout. Looks like more tree loss and green pastures!

• Upvote 1

So does that mean you and I both think the same re the 4 lanes Borris adn what bus lane as the business there knows nothing about that either.  My head is hurting again :wacko:

I just searched the councils roadworks info again and this is all I can find.  Maybe if they uploaded a map marked out with the approved changes it would make more sense... or maybe I just need some sleep  :oops: 

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/news/article/1317/a57_sankey_way_a574_cromwell_avenue_and_a57_sankey_green_roundabout_junction_improvement_works