Police Crime Commissioners.

Davy51

So with his stonking big police pension and the best part of 100 grand a year to be a commisar; nice work if you can get it

I never voted. I exercised my democratic right not to vote for a politicised police chief.... because the independant had no chance and it would appear that 86% of my fellow Cheshire constituents couldn't be bothered to vote for this diabolical waste of money

Mind you.... it was good to see John Prescotts fat and miserable face when he realised he hadn't won!!

He gave a losers speech which basically trashed the whole idea of an elected chief; even though he had spent the past months trying to get his hands on the salary

• 1 month later...

Seems allegations have been made concerning the new PCC for Lancashire, with regard to expense claims when serving on Lancashire CC and the Police Authority! But what was interesting in the news report, was the existence of a Deputy PCC, who will take over while investigations are ongoing. Does anyone recall voting for a "Deputy PCC"? And how many more "appointments" have been made? Thought the idea was to reduce the cost of a faceless "committee" and elect a single PCC. :unsure: :unsure:

Corruption in this country is getting as bad as in any banana republic . We had that MP the other day who was deemed too ill to stand trial because of insanity. She wasn't insane when the crime was committed & i'm sure that once cured she would have been fit to stand trial, but listening to the judge that is the end of the matter.