Police Crime Commissioners.

Davy51

Well for the sake of seeing who the candidates were i went & voted.Interestingly, they were all linked to political parties.I thought the idea was that these jobs would be non political appointments so i voted for UKIP & the Get More Police on the Street Party. Can't help thinking the inclusion of a Joe or Josephine Soap would have been a good idea !

Not seen a soul Cleo.

We had one canvasing pamphlet from an ex assistant police chief constable. So on that slender qualification he got our vote.

Our Polling Station had been open for 6 hours when we cast our vote and we were only the 21st and 22nd people to do so. The gals behind the desk reckoned that it will be a miracle if 10% of the people eligible to vote do so. There should have been a minimum qualifying participation threshold for this election and it needs to have been a lot higher than the 10% which seems likely to have been achieved.

I really don't see that another layer of beaurocracy, costing nationally about 4 million quid, will make a scrap of difference to the way we feel about policing.

I am not surprised voting was low. First the position appears to be politically affiliated and then none of the candidates appear to have considered getting out there and becoming known to the people they expected to vote for them - quite apathetic really and does little to inspire the people that they would be any better in office. Such a pity that anyone voted at all. I know I wouldn't have done.

Why should I vote to put a complete stranger I know nothing about into office? is my maxim. :roll::unsure: