Police Crime Commissioners.

Davy51

You won't have been invited....unless you are in a political party or the old boys (girls) brigade. They are hardly likely to allow someone to apply for the job who won't toe the line now are they?

Quite. And just to keep the smaller players out they've set the deposit required to stand for a PCC at a wallet busting £5,000.

To put this sum into context, the deposit required in order to stand for an MP is just £500.

Looks like the big boys want to keep this nice little earner for themselves.

Have the political parties that the nominated people for around here are 'attached' to funded the £5k for them to stand ?!? :evil:

Seems our choices on election day are

Ainsley Arnold - Liberal Democrat

Louise Bours - UK Independence Party

John Vincent Dwyer - Conservative

Sarah Catherine Flannery - Independent

John Robert Stockton - Labour

Considering Warrington Council's seat makeup and the way people vote around here I doubt the conservative or UK IP people will win the police seat, I doubt the Lib one will win either so my guess is it could be the independant woman (just because people don't think the position should have any political siding) or maybe the labour chap just because more of their type tend to vote.

Me... well I was going to vote independent but not so sure now so I will still vote but will probably just draw a little box on the form and put BAZ J next to it :D

Saying that I might put Lt K's name as he's promissed to retire to the Costa del if he wins... do they have internet access there Lt :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Have the political parties that the nominated people for around here are 'attached' to funded the £5k for them to stand ?!? :evil:

Seems our choices on election day are

Ainsley Arnold - Liberal Democrat

Louise Bours - UK Independence Party

John Vincent Dwyer - Conservative

Sarah Catherine Flannery - Independent

John Robert Stockton - Labour

Considering Warrington Council's seat makeup and the way people vote around here I doubt the conservative or UK IP people will win the police seat, I doubt the Lib one will win either so my guess is it could be the independant woman (just because people don't think the position should have any political siding) or maybe the labour chap just because more of their type tend to vote.

Me... well I was going to vote independent but not so sure now so I will still vote but will probably just draw a little box on the form and put BAZ J next to it :D

Saying that I might put Lt K's name as he's promissed to retire to the Costa del if he wins... do they have internet access there Lt :lol:

Having been able to look into this now, I found that Sarah Flannery has put up her own deposit and one of her points is that political parties shouldn't be allowed to sponsor for a so-called independant position. In my mind, that makes her a really independant choice. Also, the fact that Martin Bell backs her is in her favour.

It still gives me mixed feelings, however, that, I actually live in Lancashire (north of the Mersey) but will be voting for a Cheshire PCC. All down to different boundaries for different things.

Edited by Dizzy
quoteed text corrected

Still received nothing from any of the candidates :unsure:

We've not either, infact I'd forgotten all about it.

OK so I guess we can google them but a lot of people can't or wont so presumably many will just vote politically rather than basing their choice on the best person for the 'job'. Nowt new there though I suppose.

I got a Lib Dum leaflet through the door this morning.... but no one knocked to canvas me :( would have been fun asking the Lib Dum softy liberal toga wearing luvvie if his idea of being a crime commissioner would be to let everyone out of jail and give them a second chance (or 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th etc) :D