Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

here another copy and paste

According to David Wilson, professor of criminology at Birmingham City University and a former prison governor, the allegations against Savile "match the classic profile of a predatory paedophile operating within institutional structures that support their fantasy life".

Not only do such offenders tend to be adept at hiding their crimes, they will often use their social status to deter complaints against them

There is a record to say that people did try to come forward and try to actually make some allegations and they were not believed because it was so difficult to believe that somebody with such status, power and authority would abuse this power and sexually abuse,

The BBC has now appointed former Appeal Court judge Dame Janet Smith and ex-Sky News boss Nick Pollard to lead two inquiries into the late Jimmy Savile.

• Upvote 1

See people still not changed on here still from the Hillsborough topic still have to have their childish little digs thought I would come back to give it a go but not for me Gary shame toting up as well 13 years been a pain in your side ...lol no wounder you have gone white well end of the day now mate

• Upvote 3

tara... regardless of what allegations people put forward against him, Jimmy Saville is not here to defend himself against them. The politicians are queing up to score political points and the compensation lawyers are rubbing their hands together with glee....

This whole sorry episode could cost the country millions in enquiries and to what end? A dead celebrity can't be prosecuted and certainly can't be sued

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I understand what your saying about him Baz J that’s not the point in my eyes ….. it is why did it go on……….. and who let it go on……..why was it aloud to go on ……..how can this be stopped from ever happing again ……god for bid that any parent of a child has to find out things happened to there child like this …….. who can put a cost on this …..we all helped to pay for his life style from our TV licences fee so I for one would like to make sure this never happens again…….as pointed out on here one teenager killed her self because no one would listen well I hope for her now I will listen now and i hope others will …..within three weeks all this as come out and its all the way to the top of the news.. But yet he abused is power from 59 till 2012 but all we can say its what’s the point he is dead sound to me we are heading back into the 60s again

By the way Baz J its not the way the topic s was going or the replies to the topic... you can say what’s the point..... I do agree with you on some parts of this but its when it get personal or just putting remarks on its not only you mate I am keeping away from personal banter on this topic

• Upvote 2

Personally, I think that there should be investigation into this matter, to see if it was only Saville, or if it was going on and still could be going on. IF it helps to stop further abuse, it can only be a good thing.

Look at the problems of the priests and their victims. It took years to get it believed, but surely, it was a good thing that it got investigated.

This imo, is more about the cover-ups that allowed it to happen. THIS is what wants sorting, no matter who gets found out.

Even today, child abuse is going on and the officials/care workers ignore the pleas of the youngsters.

wow what a quick trun about Janet Cope done from the otherday see the other post on here

Janet Cope told how the ­predatory paedophile had an explosive temper that terrified everyone from hospital staff to fundraisers last night branded the disgraced TV star a manipulative bully who was sly enough to cover his tracks during his sick campaign of abuse against young girls.

But she also declared that if Savile were alive today he would have somehow “wriggled out of it”.

She added: “That’s what he did. He thought he was untouchable because he was hand in glove with the hospitals, royalty and the Prime Minister.”

“He was like Peter Pan, forever surrounding himself with youngsters. It was his elixir

"He loved the power he had over other people. Power was important to him.

“He didn’t care if he upset people. Jim had no feeling, no emotions at all.

He once asked me to write a letter firing someone from the Jimmy Savile Trust but as he was coming to the hospital the next day I suggested he do the firing himself, in person. He went ballistic.

“He hid behind people when he wanted to get ­something his own way.”

Janet said she will now be watching how the scandal unfolds.

But she added: “All this has tarnished the memories I have.

“But I am a woman who requires proof and until the proof is shown to me, I will always keep an open mind.”

The Home Office was last night dragged into the Jimmy Savile scandal as victims from an approved girls school in the 70s came forward.

At least five former pupils have told how the DJ abused them during visits.

The institution for emotionally disturbed girls was under the direct supervision of the Home Office until April 1973. It was visited regularly by government inspectors.

Victims from Duncroft approved school have described how Savile sexually assaulted them after being allowed to stay overnight by the headmistress.

Former pupil Toni Townsend, one of three girls snapped being cuddled by the pervert in 1972, said: “Jimmy treated Duncroft like a paedophile sweet shop.

“He used to take his pick of the mix. He would wander around the school in a vest and tracksuit bottoms.

Pupil Carole Wells, now 52, told how Savile once assaulted her in his Rolls-Royce after the headmistress asked if she wanted to go for a ride with him.

She said: “He asked me my name and where I lived. Then he stopped the car and said, ‘Are you a virgin?’

“I said, ‘I’m not telling you that.’ Then he put his hands down my knickers and started messing about with me. He put my hand down his trousers then took me back. I was crying.”

Carole said she reported the incident to the head who allegedly replied: “Don’t be stupid.”

Shadow Culture Secretary Harriet Harman said yesterday: “The fact that the Home Office now seems to be involved underlines the need for an independent inquiry.”

But Culture Minister Maria Miller ruled it out while a police probe was going on

News that the star was protected cast doubt last night on claims that no one at the top of the corporation knew Jimmy Savile was a paedophile

John Simpson news reporter scandal No2 anoughter referred to the pervert as “Uncle Dick”. He learned the much-loved star preyed on youngsters on BBC premises.

But he was warned off when he suggested exposing him. And the BBC’s veil of silence extended as high up as the then Director General, claimed veteran war correspondent Simpson, 68.

The radio presenter he accuses was one of the BBC’s biggest names from the 1920s until his death in 1967. He is said to have taken children into BBC toilets and abused them.

Simpson said “Week after week, children from all over the country would win competitions to visit the BBC and meet Uncle Dick. He would welcome them, show them around, give them lunch, then take them to the gents and interfere with them.

"If parents complained, the Director General’s office would write saying the nation wouldn’t understand such an accusation against a much-loved figure.”

In my opinion, the 'old boys network' may have had a lot to do with why nothing was ever acted upon when rumours were heard and instances of assault were reported. Again, in my opinion, if the hierarchies at many corporate institutions included women in more equal numbers (purely on merit though,) these events might have had a different outcome.

• Upvote 2

A fair point SL. but how do you ensure it's "purely on merit though"? In a world of powerfull institutions run by powerfull men, young ambitious females have often played the only card they have, to "get on" - such has been the social reality throughout history, and I can't see it changing much. However, those are mutual consent scenarios; the predatory exploitation of vunerable youngsters and even old folk; in our care services is another matter, and the pressures on our Social Services to reduce costs, could reduce standards of recruitment, vetting and behaviour, and allow a new can of worms to develope. :huh:

A fair point SL. but how do you ensure it's "purely on merit though"? In a world of powerfull institutions run by powerfull men, young ambitious females have often played the only card they have, to "get on" - such has been the social reality throughout history, and I can't see it changing much. However, those are mutual consent scenarios; the predatory exploitation of vunerable youngsters and even old folk; in our care services is another matter, and the pressures on our Social Services to reduce costs, could reduce standards of recruitment, vetting and behaviour, and allow a new can of worms to develope. :huh:

I don't like the trend for token females in the workplace when some are clearly not up to the job! There are enough females around whose work merits promotion but don't get it because it is still a man's world in many workplaces and preference is given to a man who may not be as good at the job.

I have always believed that the majority of women have an inbuilt warning radar where predatory men are concerned and that they are far more likely to be aware and do something about a situation that arises where young and vulnerable people are concerned. In the Savile case, many of the people who flagged up a warning were not in a senior enough position to do anything positive and the senior men at the time decided nothing could be done. I know that this isn't exclusive, some men will try to do the right thing and some women are clearly abusers as in the care home case, but a mother's instinct is to safeguard her young. We have to return to the culture of common sense, always believing the victim who claims abuse and not dismissing it until properly investigated.

A VICTIM molested by Jimmy Savile on a cruise liner told last night how the star DJ lured her to his cabin and abused her when she was a starstruck 16-year-old.

Begging Sue for a “quick cuddle” as her chum took souvenir photos, the Top Of The Pops pervert — then aged 51 — pulled her on to his bed

He then brazenly grinned for her friend to take snaps — before seconds later turning into a depraved monster. Sue said:

“He was very forceful and wrapped himself right around me. It was quite frightening.

“At one point he slipped out of his pants and started rubbing himself up against me. I could feel that he was excited.

“He grasped me very tightly in his arms and told me to do the same to him.

“He said: “This is a special move that will help you stop the boys getting away

“But if my friend had not been there, I’m sure he would have forced me to have sex with him.”

The girls were holidaying with their parents when Savile pounced in 1978

Savile was kicked off the ship after a distraught couple accused him of inappropriate behaviour with their daughter aged just 14.

The captain said: “I told him he disgusted me and I wanted him off my ship when we reached Gibraltar. I told an officer to make sure he remained in his cabin. He was not allowed to leave it under any circumstances short of shipwreck.”

BBC veteran John Humphrys was last night accused of trivialising some Savile allegations in a radio interview.

Shocked listeners heard him tell Deputy Labour leader Harriet Harman on Radio 4’s Today show that some of the revelations were mere “banter”.

Humphrys, 69, replied: “Well we’re not always though, are we? In some cases girls are talking about him putting his hand on their leg.

“That’s not the sort of behaviour we should accept. Nonetheless, in many cases, it’s not serious sexual assault.”

Also

A HOSPITAL cafe at Stoke Mandeville which was named Jimmy’s in honour of Savile will be renamed.

Wilfrid Brambell, the actor, became the latest BBC celebrity accused of child sex abuse last night after it emerged that two people had come forward in Jersey claiming to be his victims.

steptoe2_2266692b.jpg

Brambell, who played the “dirty old man” Albert Steptoe in the comedy Steptoe and Son, allegedly abused two boys in a theatre in Jersey at the height of his fame in the 1970s.

One of the alleged victims was a resident at the notorious Haut de la Garenne children’s home which was at the centre of a high-profile police investigation into historical child abuse on the island in 2008.

He claimed to have been taken to the island’s main theatre, the Opera House, as a “treat” before being

taken backstage to meet Brambell, who he accuses of molesting him in a back room.

Brambell, who died in 1985, was homosexual and had a criminal record for “persistently importuning for an immoral purpose” 1962.

His conviction for importuning, or soliciting, came after he was arrested in a public lavatory in Shepherd’s Bush, west London, in Nov 1962. He was given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay 25 guineas costs

Yet again another employed by the BBC

I will just make it clear with comments like “Tara Dad, where you abused by the BBC?” and “In the back of a Pink Taxi”

you are new on here and have not been here from the start. I let me tell you something

I have two fantastic daughters Naomi and Tara … Tara was a poster on here as some members will black up and she would take on any one as Gary also will tell you. Tara was a child actress on TV show like emmadale, biker grove, last of the summer wine, as well as stage plays she was an avid campaigner for teenager’s rights on all topics bullying ect. ect and worked with gary on number of topic and gary would help her all the way.

. When Tara was a teenager Tara went to live with a family while Tara went to college. The husband of this family sexually molested Tara on holiday I will not go into detail on what he did. When he sexually molested Tara had the guts to report him to the police. For a week Tara had to live it allover again and again and on giving full details of what had happened.

But like them all he hid this part of his life from his family and denied all of it

I had to sit for days with Tara as she recounted every last gory detail to the police. Like I said I would not whish this on any parent having listen to their child give so much detail and to be helpless to act.

Tara made the decision to make a stand and take it all the way. Knowing she would have to stand up in open court and re live it in fount of him. Tara made the press in a call to teenagers that’s no one should have to go through this. The police was amazed on the way Tara made a stand they backed Tara all the way to press getting hold of the story and raning with it.

But Tara was never the same, when the time came to go court after making tara go through hell on thinking about being in front of open court. As at this time he pleaded not guilty so court date was set and I could see this was making Tara ill but I had to abide by Tara whish’s of wanting to make a stand.

court date came and just as we are about to walk into court he pleads guilty, the judge was mad at this stage in the end he got put on the sex offender’s register for 2 years and a fine Tara did not receive any compo as Tara did not want any.

Tara dropped her acting career and gives it up. Tara dropped out of college. Stopped posting on here as someone would use it ageist her. Tara stopped her campaigning for teenagers.

Posters did know Tara before and after. They may have seen a change in her.

So you see to every accusation thats made they are someones child they do have a name and some cannot stand up for them self’s some even take their own life. I thank god I was lucky

You do not have to read the post leave it

• Upvote 2

I am deeply touched and moved to tears by what tara suffered at the hands of that beast. And she is just one of any number of kids who suffer the same ordeal. The beasts should be physically casterated so they are unable to do the same things to any other child. I do wish that she could put her ordeal to the back of her mind and pick up her life from where she left off. Perhaps with some help she could do that?

• Upvote 2

The Panorama team investigating the Jimmy Savile scandal and the BBC's handling of a Newsnight investigation into sexual abuse by the late presenter wants to air the programme on Monday night – a day before the corporation's director general gives evidence to Parliament.

However, it is uncertain at this point if they can complete editing a film in time for Monday – and BBC insiders said that a final decision will not be taken until the weekend. But the possibility of the film is already creating dilemmas for the corporation which is having to create "chinese walls" between those with knowledge of its contents and those not.