Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

tara_dad

Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jimmy Savile's knighthood be removed?

2. 2. should we have a public inquiry into all not just savile

You will be surprised who the next one is - very surprised indeed!

and living in Egypt you have a hotline to the Met Police team? or are you just sensationalising for effect?

So far a few high profile people have been questioned with none charged...... so one has to ask; is there any substance to the allegations or are the allegations being brought by bitter and twisted people or spurned ex lovers or wannabes who have found the ideal way for payback?

and living in Egypt you have a hotline to the Met Police team? or are you just sensationalising for effect?

So far a few high profile people have been questioned with none charged...... so one has to ask; is there any substance to the allegations or are the allegations being brought by bitter and twisted people or spurned ex lovers or wannabes who have found the ideal way for payback?

Actually, Stuart Hall has been charged.

As for the others, with the exception of Jimmy Savile, there is a lot of truth in what you say.

I'm keen to see the people who protected Savile brought to justice.

I don't see how the cases against the others, should they be brought to court, would stand up. It would surely be one person's word against another's.

Bingo Sheila! One person's word against another, unless there are other independent witnesses to the actual alleged deed OR DNA evidence from 40 years ago. The whole thing is a complete waste of money and police resources imo; due to wannabee claimants, who can't move on. :evil:

I can't imagine there would be any DNA, unless any crime was reported to the Police at the time. It will be interesting to see if any of the cases make it to court, with the exception of Stuart Hall.

The Savile situation is different, in that he was said to have procured vulnerable children, with no-one close enough to them to fight their corner, or protect them. That, in my book, is reprehensible. That situation shouldn't be allowed to slide because people were covering for him and 'enabling' him. They need to be weedled out and dealt with if it can be proven.

I agree that there will be a percentage of 'wagon jumpers', who should be charged with wasting police time, if that turned out to be the case.

Given, that it's one person's word against another; if one is deceased; sounds like an ideal opportunity to make an allegation and a claim against their estate? :shock:

These complaints were being made when one was still alive and the said one was investigated but the CPS failed to give permission for the cases to proceed to the courts. Why? Maybe they were all in the same funny handshake club. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Sheesh Kije were you sat there waiting and ready to type?

So what if some of them are going for compensation? They desrve it after being abused by the UK's most prolific known paedophile. Were I one of them I would want compensation to and i rather suspect, if you were honest, so would you. I hope they all get many thousands each.

Well you can blame the CPS for the fact that he was not convicted in his lifetime. He could have been charged and brought to justice in 2009 according to reports. Anyway he has been convicted in his absence now! Dead or alive the authorities are convinced of his guilt no matter what you or I may think and claims for compensation will proceed and insha allah will be successful.