My new friends

Dizzy

This little chap(ess) is my favourite as it just walked up to me as I was kneeling down and followed me for a while. I felt so bad that I had no bread or nibbles for it cos it was soooo cute and determined :(

IMG_6983.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6956-1.jpg

There's been terrapins in there for years Tracey on an off. There used to be a huge one at one time (a snapper I believe) but I think it was removed or it might just have died.

Like you say they are probably dumped pets but they seem to love it there and are doing well. Some fishermen hate them though as they potter about underwater eating the bate they throw in to entice the carp.

My dad actually caught a terrapin there on his line a few months back but luckily managed to carefully unhook it withough getting bitten or hurting it. It gave him quite a shock though :lol:

There's a lot of eels in there too but I've never seen one.

We have swans in our close....they wander about in a long line with the cygnets in the middle. They s**t everywhere and the other morning I went to get my car off the drive and it was blocked by the pen and 4 cygnets all sitting down behind the car!!

got a photo somewhere!

We have swans in our close....they wander about in a long line with the cygnets in the middle. They s**t everywhere and the other morning I went to get my car off the drive and it was blocked by the pen and 4 cygnets all sitting down behind the car!!

got a photo somewhere!

You should have took a Pole to them :D