Switzerland

asperity

No I don't Cleo or I wouldn;t have asked and I'm not that stupid to ignore the flag. OK so it's a cross and looks like it's made of two bandages or large plasters.....so ???

Don't worry about it, I'll just google as I've nothing better to do :lol:

No I don't Cleo or I wouldn;t have asked and I'm not that stupid to ignore the flag. OK so it's a cross and looks like it's made of two bandages or large plasters.....so ???

Don't worry about it, I'll just google as I've nothing better to do :lol:

Don't worry Dizz neither do I, must be something to do with us attending the same school!. :wink:

Yes it does Asp and it also looks like a cross made out of bandages or large plasters too..

I really don't get it and google was no help either so a bigger hint please :oops::lol:

I've never really been into golf that much anyway though :rolleyes::lol:

OK Dizzy, I believe you. One last try. Roger Federer (for it is he) is stood in front of the Swiss flag which has a DIRTY GREAT BIG PLUS SIGN ON IT (sorry Dizz, didn't mean to shout :oops: ). It is, if you like, a play on words. If you still don't get the humour then I suggest you just forget the whole horrifying thing and go back to sleep. :D :grin:

• Upvote 1

Oh sorry Asperity but I just got to explain it to Dizzy or it may hurt her brain.

When he 'says' the flag is a big plus (reference the white cross [plus sign] on the swiss flag), which he was standing in front of at the time, he was joking that it was something to the favour/advantage, rather than against, living in switzerland. Hence 'The flag is a big plus'. :unsure:

Oh sorry Asperity but I just got to explain it to Dizzy or it may hurt her brain.

When he 'says' the flag is a big plus (reference the white cross [plus sign] on the swiss flag), which he was standing in front of at the time, he was joking that it was something to the favour/advantage, rather than against, living in switzerland. Hence 'The flag is a big plus'. :unsure:

I would have thought such an observation was a little juvenile for posters of your intellectual ability, Cleo and Asp! :rolleyes:

Or, to put it another way lovie, if you are undecided about something you might write out a list of two columns, heading them plus or minus (alternatively using the + and - signs). The things under the - heading are the not good reasons BUT the things under the + heading are good reasons why you should go for it, so to speak, the advantages, the for, the plus.

Understand now? :blink:

Or, to put it another way lovie, if you are undecided about something you might write out a list of two columns, heading them plus or minus (alternatively using the + and - signs). The things under the - heading are the not good reasons BUT the things under the + heading are good reasons why you should go for it, so to speak, the advantages, the for, the plus.

Understand now? :blink:

Cleo, the flag is draped in a diagonal position thus the white cross is displayed in the position of an 'X' rather than a '+' and as we all know an 'X' may represent a negative figure as opposed to a 'tick' being positive, ie. to reject as opposed to choose, so to me that informs me that Switzerland is not the country to live in!. :wink:

As most of them do! :rolleyes:

Edit:

Try posting a topic that will raise some interest instead of winging!. :roll:

:blink: Not sure if you made a spelling mistake by typing winging or if you are still in play-on-words mode (as with the fish) and meant to type winging instead of whinging. As in eagle, bird, wings, flying, winging. :huh::lol::lol:

:blink: Not sure if you made a spelling mistake by typing winging or if you are still in play-on-words mode (as with the fish) and meant to type winging instead of whinging. As in eagle, bird, wings, flying, winging. :huh::lol::lol:

Genuine error Florence I have edited and corrected, flower. :)