What's the point?

observer

One, maybe two, you could call it an alleged crime, but when a few girls, all unrelated and living in different parts of the country all give similar accounts it has to be considered more than an alleged crime.

Dead or alive, he committed crimes against those kids. Anyone who defends him should be ashamed of themselves. :roll:

I listened to a programme on the radio during a recent drive back from Basingstoke and it was in light of the recent events with the Megan Stammers girl and her teacher.

They interviewed a teacher whose career was utterly detroyed by a girl pupil who claimed he had sexually assaulted her. He did time and lost everything. She was backed up by another girl who also claimed he had assaulted her too....

10 years later, it turned out they were both lying. The teacher had rejected advances from the first girl and he enlisted the second girl to make up stories to use against him.

The girls were never prosecuted by the way!

I think child line does a good job, sadly there will always be people who use the system to gain advantage, Craig Charles fell victim when he was accused of rape and it nearly ended his career. When people do abuse the system they should be punished. Rape is a terrible crime and to accuse someone of it falsely should be punished by a prison sentence.

One, maybe two, you could call it an alleged crime, but when a few girls, all unrelated and living in different parts of the country all give similar accounts it has to be considered more than an alleged crime.

Dead or alive, he committed crimes against those kids. Anyone who defends him should be ashamed of themselves. :roll:

Hang on Cleo!, personally I could never stand the bloke, just seeing his demeanour made my flesh crawl, but shouldn't we wait until an investigation has proven the allegations before his effigy is burned at the stake, if we criminalise everyone on hearsay surely that would be wrong. :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Hang on Cleo!, personally I could never stand the bloke, just seeing his demeanour made my flesh crawl, but shouldn't we wait until an investigation has proven the allegations before his effigy is burned at the stake, if we criminalise everyone on hearsay surely that would be wrong. :unsure:

Well according to reports it was commom knowledge at the BBC for decades. Paul Gambacini lifted the lid on the whole affair. The few BBC employees who raised the alarm were either ignored or threatened with dismissal. He said that Saville had such a powerful standing at the BBC that the affair was covered up. And claims he heard Saville threaten if anything was done his charities would be deprived of millions of pounds in donations and charitable funds at Stoke Mandeville Hospital would dry up.

Seems Mr Nice Guy was a nasty guy out of the public eye.

There is no smoke without fire. It is on record that in 2007 he was interviewd by police after one of his victims complained about him abusing her. For whatever reason, the CPS decided there was not enough evidence to charge him. Now had the others come forward at the same time it would have been a different story. Just a shame they were too afraid to say anything till after his demise.

Ten women have now all come forward with simillar stories of being abused by him when they were round 14-16 years old. There could well be any number of others who have still not come forward.

The only investigation required is into why the BBC covered up the affair instead of doing something positive about it, like notifying the police.

The only investigation required is into why the BBC covered up the affair instead of doing something positive about it, like notifying the police.

I agree Cleo, there is no smoke without fire but after stating that we really do require proof regarding who started the fire and who's adding fuel, I'm definitely not defending the guy and if it is proven without doubt that he assaulted these young girls sexually or otherwise then his reputation (and there is nothing else that can be affected as he has gone) should be reviled and his so called knighthood should be rescinded, but at least wait for the outcome of the investigation before jumping to conclusions. No doubt the only winners in this will be the 'gutter' press yet again.

I am not jumping to any conclusions Algy, me ould devil's advocate. I am basing my conclusions on what has been stated by people in the know and at this late stage, with the perpetrator dead and buried, that is all any investigator is able to do. I really do not see any of those involved in the whole sorry affair saying anything different in an investigation to what they have already claimed publicly. And if any invesigator arrives at a different conclusion,I for one would want to know why. :huh:

I was once passing a news kiosk in London, where two mature ladies were choosing what magazines to buy, I overheard one lady say to the other, "Oh look...! A newspaper with only happy news in it. Glancing in their direction I saw she was holding a copy of..... wait for it..... Gay News! :lol::lol::lol:

But wouldn't people complain if newspapers exclusively published only happy news? Wouldn't they then be asking for more a meatier content? :blink: