Gay Pride Event

Bazj

just reading the story on the news pages (http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/14118/1/Roads-close-for-Pride-event/Page1.html) and I see that the event is being held in Queens Gardens........ now correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the public toilets closed and demolished there a god few years ago due to there being a proliferation of gay men using them? How ironic!!!

But the one thing that does stick out is the fact that this event is being held in "partnership" with Cheshire Police...... why is the same partnership not shown towards Warrington Walking day? A story a while back stated that Walking Day was under threat due to the fact that the Police wanted paying for their services to police the event!!!

So what's next, a hetrosexual rally????

So there are to be "queens" in Queens garden then.

Sorry could not help myself on that one. and before anybody has a go no I am not homophobic,Homosexual or a cross dresser, but being a biker I am into leather and studs :?:mrgreen: (er the metal kind not the other kind before anybody has a go again) :oops: :oops:

Edited by Evil Sid

Baz, you will need to get yourself down there and show your support! Maybe they have your name and face on a huge billboard which is attached to a float in the parade, with the words "THANK YOU!" Flashing across it. It will be surrounded by men dressed in leather and PVC as they dance waving their flags in the air.

I'm there!

Only 30 people? Crikey I thought it was going to be a huge event hence the road closures, website and leading press coverage etc.

Me and my other half were not far from there today and I said we should walk there to see what was going on but he wouldn't go :roll:

Were the 30 in the parade dressed as queens as that was the theme apparently. Got any pics to upload Sadako?

Hope they had a good day too :wink:

Next months pride parade is 'Warrington mums/wives pride....'.

Mums/wives are asked to dress in cooking aprons armed with dusters, washing powder, bin sacks, shopping lists and the likes.

Be there if you are not too busy looking after your families every need and being ignored and taken for granted.... make yourself known, appreciated and understood.

November is ‘Warringtons dads/husbands event’ many will be found on the top of bonfires sat back in their chairs and dressed in their usual attire on the 5th :lol:

Pink fire engine. Hummm. Questions pour into my mind. Why a pink fire engine? Who paid for it to be painted? Will it be repainted red? Who will pay for that? Does it symbolize gay firefighters?

Sorry but, for all the pre publicity, looks like not much of an effort was made over this pride parade itself, compared to other gay parades I had seen with the fancy costumes, loud music and dancing as they paraded. This lot look like they just decided, 'Nowt else do, where's me coat? Might as well join the parade'. In other words a half-hearted attempt. Well at least the mayor wore a bit of bling.

Pink fire engine. Hummm. Questions pour into my mind. Why a pink fire engine? Who paid for it to be painted? Will it be repainted red? Who will pay for that? Does it symbolize gay firefighters?

Sorry but, for all the pre publicity, looks like not much of an effort was made over this pride parade itself, compared to other gay parades I had seen with the fancy costumes, loud music and dancing as they paraded. This lot look like they just decided, 'Nowt else do, where's me coat? Might as well join the parade'. In other words a half-hearted attempt. Well at least the mayor wore a bit of bling.

The pink fire engine is part of a limo hire companies fleet and anyone may hire it.

I hope the dancers were hired in, too many young good looking female dancers to be on the 'other bus'!. and I bet Lizzie' would be made up with her effigy being displayed. :D :grin:

Great pics PJ and the pink fire engine and lorry are great. Should paint them all like that :D

The parade looked a bit low key though like Cleo said.

Question (and I don't want this to sound awful) but re the person on the stage in the dress and boots... is that a man or woman :oops: Cracking pair of legs if "she's" actually a "he". No offence intended either way