2 Police officers killed

wolfie

i agree that the act was cold blooded murder and he should face the appropriate punishment, however hanging is never a good punishment, if we did that then we are not any better than him. What does anger me though is just because a person in a uniform was killed they get all the publicity and more focus on the murder however if it was us that was shot doing our jobs we would eventualy have it reported no minutes silence or anything and it is completely wrong!!! they are no different than us but they are special somehow and this is no disrespect towards those officers killed and i sympathise deeply with their families for their loss but i feel if we are all to be equal we should all have the same treatment. I also feel that officers should be armed to do their duty maybe not bullet-proof vests as the sheer weight would prevent the officers from doing their jobs and the regulations on firearms needs looking at

In this case, as I understand it, being armed would not have saved the officers. In my opinion, anyone whose job is protecting and safeguarding the public, whether in uniform or not, deserves to be honoured because they put their lives on the line every day, never knowing if they will return home at the end of a shift, something most of us will fortunately never have to experience.

however hanging is never a good punishment, if we did that then we are not any better than him.

that is nonsense Aaron...... a murderer is the lowest form of life known to man. Their very existance jeopardises the lives of other law abiding and good citizens. Many murderers serve their pitiful sentences and come out on licence and kill again.... They deserve to die just because of the very actions they have carried out

and if you take your logic further, every soldier who kills, every police officer who kills should stand trial for murder because they have carried out their killings; usually in response to an act of murder.... They call it justifiable homicide and I can't see any reason why hanging scum murderers is any different to a soldier killing a talibanny

if we did that then we are not any better than him. they are no different than us but they are special somehow

Nearly every person in this country is better than him. The two policewomen were special and different to us because they put their lives on the line to protect us.

I always cringe when I read posts like yours. You haven't a clue (in my opinion).

Nearly every person in this country is better than him. The two policewomen were special and different to us because they put their lives on the line to protect us.

I always cringe when I read posts like yours. You haven't a clue (in my opinion).

Totally agree Eagle.

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emoticon-000340-large.gif

Whilst I can understand the feelings of people on here towards the people that perpetrated such a crime, I would remind them that a democracy needs a complete and working justice system to remain a democracy. The people need to be tried though our justice system.

Kije,

I would agree with your sentiments, however I would not agree with the person found guilty of the crime is then put up in relative luxury (thaks to various doo-gooding prisioner groups getting rights for prisoners over the years) and at my expense too.

do you know that in the 20 odd years since my wife was murdered; I have paid taxes towards keeping the scum that did it (and that did it again when he was left to wander out of a category C prison 9 years after being convicted) in the life of riley. During those 20 odd years there have been times for me when I could hardly afford the cost of getting to and from work or even pay my bills and yet a portion of my money keeps a murdering scumbag alive and healthy every month.

Hang 'em and hang 'em all is what I would say. The chances of miscarriages of justice are so remote compared to the lives it would save that it is positively laughable

Baz

I am we'll aware of your feelings on the death penalty, I respect your opinion but I do not agree with you on it, but we are not going to change each others minds on the death penalty :wink:

indeed we are not....just because you are wrong doesn't make me think any less of you! :D :grin:

It does seem a pity that this individual got out of it alive after murdering two unarmed police officers in cold blood.

And that capital punishment is not an option for him.

The logic in valuing his life so highly when he values others lives so cheap escapes me.

As it does me John.