Is there any truth in Global Warming?.

algy

Has anybody thought that the increase in the average global temperatures over the years could be due to the earth creeping slightly closer to the sun. Has any scientist checked out the Average distance to the sun lately, probably not.

Somebody many years ago did the calculations and came up with a figure and everybody agreed but has anybody checked in the last few years?

Quick addition: if any scientist does decide to check and finds this is true can I at least have a mention in any papers published about it.Many Thank in advance SID

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you have to remember is we are reliant on the sun for the sustaining of life on this planet and one millisecond of our timescale sometime in the future the sun will cease to exist and a few moments later life on this plane will also cease to exist and become yet another dead planet in the universe, with that happy thought sweet dreams and I wish you all a good night's sleep!. :unsure::wink::D :grin: :D

Going anywhere nice alg? :wink:

Going anywhere nice alg? :wink:

Hey! Wolfie, I had forgotten that I had posted that, all my own words too, not copied from any other website, but you know what, I have decided after reading Sid's post asking if there is anyone that could asses whether the distance between the sun and earth has altered I have decide I'm not intelligent enough to take part in this topic any longer. :wink:

In answer to your question "I am I going anywhere nice", Its our Golden Wedding soon and our son and daughter are taking the family for a weekend at a hotel in Yorkshire. :)

PS. pity I'm not invite!. :wink:

In answer to your question "I am I going anywhere nice", Its our Golden Wedding soon and our son and daughter are taking the family for a weekend at a hotel in Yorkshire. :)

PS. pity I'm not invite!. :wink:

Fifty years married, eh what Algy? Congratulations for when the day comes around. In this day and age many couples don't even stay together five years, let alone fifty. Mrs Algy must be something special. :D

There are scientists studying the sun all the time. As well as variations in the sun's irradiance there are other variations known as the Milankovitch Cycles:

WIKI

These variations are just another factor as too why the climate change fanatics are on thin ice when they are using their simplistic climate models to try and predict the future of a chaotic system.

Fifty years married, eh what Algy? Congratulations for when the day comes around. In this day and age many couples don't even stay together five years, let alone fifty. Mrs Algy must be something special. :D

Mrs Algy is clearly a very calm, loving, patient and very understanding lady to have put up with you for all these years :lol:

Only kidding Algy as you are a gem, congratulations to you both. :D

About time you told Mrs Algy how to join this forum so we can all chat to her too and learn about your darker secrets and habits though don't you think :wink::lol: