American embassy in Libya

wolfie

I may not agree with Eagles comments but I don’t try to provoke him into heated exchanges by name-calling that’s not right, that’s incitement

Showing respect for others is something that some people just don’t understand, including the moderators here it would seem.

Bill

Wind yer neck in, Bill.

I've been referring to Eagle as beaky for yonks, in fact I think it may have been a previous user name of his, or something very similar. I've met him before and we got along just fine, he's never suggested to me that he's got a problem with the reference, so I don't see why you should have.

Rather than trying to incite and argument (as you seem to be doing here), I was asking him to desist from keeping one going beyond it's sell-by date.

Sheesh, some people.

Oh, and I also agree with asp.

Showing respect for others is something that some people just don’t understand, including the moderators here it would seem.

Bill

Blimey ... Thanks for that Bill and what have I done/not done or said now :unsure::lol:(Seeing as though I'm usually the only moderator available to sit and read all the posts every bloody day I guess it was aimed at me :lol::P )

Not noticed anything on this topic so far unless whatever it was has been deleted/edited by the poster themselves while I was arguing with a really annoying foreign person on the phone. I showed them very little respect at all in the end... could you hear me and is that what you meant B)

Shouldn’t make any difference Asp, the point is that if you know your deliberately going to upset people by your actions then I say that’s wrong.

Put it this way, I don’t particularly like wasps but if I was to poke their nest and they came out and then stung you, who would you blame, the wasps or me? :roll:

Bill :)

I think you will find he was giving as well as receiving.

Well lets look at that in more detail.

Amongst other statements he was called

A malicious little blert

Completely deluded and obnoxious

moronic

rr's-holes like eagle :unsure: :unsure:

All of which break forum rules.

Now you find a statement from any of his posts on this subject that come anywhere near that abuse.

What has crime rates got to do with it? :roll:

• Upvote 1

On his second post, he started to insult people Wolfie,

Your loyalty to the scousers is misguided and baffling............but on a par with your usually slanted view of every topic on here. You really are the Forum clown.

Then he got pedantic with Cleo,

So you could say he got what he deserved, he started with the insults Wolfie, look for yourself :wink:

Are you all bored or something :roll:

"He said, she said, he did, they did"..... reminds me of when I used to help out in my sons infant class at school. :lol:

PS no more 3 letters with an 'F' in please or you'll get no milk and bickies. Actually is having 'F' followed by the word 'in' bad too :blink::shock:

Having a faith does not necessarily make people backward.... what does point to it is the fact that an entire collective of people (many, many of them who have not even seen that video) get upset because they are told to be upset.

On a phone in today on 5 live, the film was mentioned and quite a few Muslims called in to state just how offended they were... when pressed by the host; out of about 10 Muslim callers, only one admitted to having watched about 10 minutes of the film on line..... none of them would condem the murder of the American Ambassador or the two other Americans by the mob in Benghazi. one of the other callers responded to the questions posed by the 10 such as "what would you do if it was Christianity under attack" with... well when a Muslim Cleric was arrested for allegedly planting burnt pages of a koran in a young girls bag, he was rightly taken into custody; but the Christians didn't go out in their millions all over the world, burning Mosques and killing Muslims in retaliation..... in fact the girl is now under protection because of death threats recieved AFTER she was released and on the premise that she never actually did anything wrong and it was a setup by the cleric to incite hate crimes on Christians!!

We now have a situation in Cairo where there government is calling on a million people to demonstrate their anger and opposition to the film.....many of them won't have any idea what they are objecting and protesting about; other than the views impressed on them by others.

The world is truly mad!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

there are some people who don't seem to like people either, think they are called politicians. At least they come across as not liking people until they are up for re-election.:mrgreen:

In all religions there are fanatics no matter what the religion happens to be, some are charismatic and have a great influence on others of the same religious persuasion and others are regarded as idiots to be tolerated but mainly ignored.

As for the world being mad, it is nothing new. the only inflating factor is the ease of access to information. What happens in one place is world knowledge before five minutes have elapsed as opposed to what could sometimes be weeks in the past.

Believing in a super-natural being, is imo primitive and backward; and this is compounded, when such beliefs are organised into sects that hate each other to the point of violence and murder, and are so insecure in such beliefs that they are hyper-sensitive to criticism, and so easily "offended". Put modern technology into the hands of such people, in the form of WMDs and it's like giving a monkey an AK47 in a crowded room. :shock:

In all religions there are fanatics no matter what the religion happens to be, some are charismatic and have a great influence on others of the same religious persuasion and others are regarded as idiots to be tolerated but mainly ignored.

I would say that if the Cairo million people thing comes off; it is a bit more than a few fanatics Sid.... to gather a million people together to protest in one place is something even Hitler couldn't manage.... but look what he DID manage to do!

Apparently, they've kicked off on things like this in the past; however they had secular Dictators to suppress their freedom to suppress the freedom of expression of others! Seems the short sighted Western support for the downfall of Saddam and the Arab Spring is already starting to backfire on us. :unsure: