Hillsborough

Cleopatra

In your haste to condemn me you are missing my point, I am still wading through the report and will persevere to the end and have already come to the same conclusions as the rest of you. What I can't understand is that you are all promoting the idea that, at this one match only in the late 80s,the fans were on their best behaviour, everyone of them!!! I am not besmirching the memory of the victims I am attempting to pop the bubble of self righteousness.

• Upvote 1

In your haste to condemn me you are missing my point, I am still wading through the report and will persevere to the end and have already come to the same conclusions as the rest of you. What I can't understand is that you are all promoting the idea that, at this one match only in the late 80s,the fans were on their best behaviour, everyone of them!!! I am not besmirching the memory of the victims I am attempting to pop the bubble of self righteousness.

if there was a bubble of self righteousness why is it down to you to pop it. Who are you and what has Hillsborough to do with you now that your lies for the past couple of decades have been proven to be just that, lies. Why are you so desperate to find any tiny shred of doubt about the fans that day that will paint them in a bad light. I hope a lot of the reasons behind it are your own personal shame and disgust at some of the nasty, vindictive things you have posted on here in the past about the fans and victims . Cleverer people than you have spent many years trying to cover up and besmirch the names of the fans and they have been found out and justice will hopefully now come. You have lost your favourite and most hurtful stick with which to beat people who happen to support a different football club than you do. You have been proved wrong and can't accept it, even sinking into the depths of disgust when you ask a survivor of the disaster whether he was hurling bottles at the police. You have trawled the depths for too long now and should just go away to wherever it is that trolls retire to.

I bet you were gutted when you saw that the reports findings completely admonished the fans of any blame whatsoever and pointed out that they had been the victims of a vile slur that took 23 years to come out.

Hope you don't mind me pointing out P J, but, I think you used the wrong word with admonished (meaning scolded). I think you meant absolved (meaning cleared of any guilt). :unsure:

Time to chill people.

Having a rant on here is just as bad as the history of the incident. Too often the written word is misunderstood because it was read too hastily without trying to understand what was behind the words. :blink:

How the hell do you come to that conclusion Peter???? Having a go at a troll on a forum can in no way be compared to a disaster in which 96 innocent people died because of the negligence of the Authorities. Eagles posts on this issue have been beneath contempt, even I hope for other Man. Utd. fans, and I hope you aren't trying to justify any of his vitriol out of some misguided Club loyalty.

At least I know now why I stopped posting on here. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Right.... that's ENOUGH PLEASE !

I nearly locked this topic the other day after it got heated and there was a lot of name calling etc but thankfully things calmed down and I actually thought a 'compromise' of opinions had been reached.

Why on earth has it now suddenly flared up again to an even greater level.

I realise that everyone has strong views on this and that views differ but I am shocked and rather appauled to read some of the very distasteful comments on here and also the amount of bitterness and name calling (some of which is now reading as pure hatred).

Many comments from both sides are, in my opinion, showing a complete lack of respect in the way they are written towards the families of all those who lost their lives, the people who lost their lives, all those who were there on that day who witnessed the tragedy and events as they unfolded and there is also a huge lack of respect being shown towards each other on here too.

While you may not respect each others views or each other as people please do not fight out your own personal battles on the forum as that is not what it is here for... and it's against forum rules too.

So either calm it down because if it continues in this manner the discussion about Hilsborough will be over as I will LOCK it and maybe even REMOVE it completely.

I have refrained from doing that at this precise moment as it is unfair to those who have posted in a less offensive manner.

Thank you

RIP Hillsborough 96 x :cry:

• Upvote 1

I think Eagle and his friend Harvey are Man United fans, Wolfie

So people know I have no axe to grind I am a Leeds United Supporter

Have you any examples Of words being misunderstood on this thread Peter?

PJ, It would be sad if you stopped posting, Don't let them get you down

It's about time some discipline was exercised on here, since I joined I have enjoyed the banter and the freedom to express oneself either seriously or with humour, many forums are so strict that you are not able to do this and the way that some members are abusing this privilege we are in danger of losing that relaxed atmosphere that we have, I carry no weight on here and in many ways in terms of membership I suppose you could say I am a 'junior', but in my own tinpot way I attempted to calm it down, with little or no effect.

I have said this before when I first joined, certain individuals are behaving like a gaggle of fishwives.

Please halt this bickering for the sake of others, it's making this forum a laughing stock.

Alan (algy).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alright, A Manc supporting Leighther, Leigh was in Greater Manchester :wink:

Oooh crikey ... can someone please cancel out the red mark I just accidentally gave this post by giving it a green one. I can't do it myself.

Sorry Lt K ... I was scrolling down the replies with my mouse and sneezed and somehow managed to hit the little tab :oops:

Oooh crikey ... can someone please cancel out the red mark I just accidentally gave this post by giving it a green one. I can't do it myself.

Sorry Lt K ... I was scrolling down the replies with my mouse and sneezed and somehow managed to hit the little tab :oops:

Hey Dizz why has my last post on here got a red mark with a -1 at the bottom? :unsure:

Oh! heck it has now disappeared! :D

It's about time some discipline was exercised on here, since I joined I have enjoyed the banter and the freedom to express oneself either seriously or with humour, many forums are so strict that you are not able to do this and the way that some members are abusing this privilege we are in danger of losing that relaxed atmosphere that we have, I carry no weight on here and in many ways in terms of membership I suppose you could say I am a 'junior', but in my own tinpot way I attempted to calm it down, with little or no effect.

I have said this before when I first joined, certain individuals are behaving like a gaggle of fishwives.

Please halt this bickering for the sake of others, it's making this forum a laughing stock.

Alan (algy).

Can't agree with any of this. This is probably the least relaxed, and most anal of any of the many many forums I have visited over the years.

As far as various football forums for instance, this subject is being diuscussed in just the same way as on here, except elsewhere there are more 'eagles' on the go.

And finally, where is this forum a laughing stock becasue of this topic?