Hillsborough

Cleopatra

It's about time some discipline was exercised on here, since I joined I have enjoyed the banter and the freedom to express oneself either seriously or with humour, many forums are so strict that you are not able to do this and the way that some members are abusing this privilege we are in danger of losing that relaxed atmosphere that we have, I carry no weight on here and in many ways in terms of membership I suppose you could say I am a 'junior', but in my own tinpot way I attempted to calm it down, with little or no effect.

I have said this before when I first joined, certain individuals are behaving like a gaggle of fishwives.

Please halt this bickering for the sake of others, it's making this forum a laughing stock.

Alan (algy).

Bloody hell alg, where did that come from? I thought it had settled down(for the second time) until you posted this. :shock: :shock: :wink:

• Upvote 1

Done Dizzy, and algys post also had one and have corrected that, unless that was not a mistake and someone else put a red mark on it, which would be funny as I think his post was aimed at me amongst others and I took the red mark off. :blink::wink:

Look Lt, my post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular it was aimed at us all, along the way I had my 'spat' but for me I decided enough was enough, the topic is too emotive and I honestly felt that too many people had been hurt over the last 23 years and don't want any part of it any more. I honestly will not post on this topic again!.

Thanks for removing that red mark, whatever it meant. :unsure:

Thanks Lt K :D:wink:

I can't see how I would have managed to click two in one sneezing fit as one direct hit was a miracle in itself but then again I can't click on Algys either...... :shock:

As JLS once sang .. 'You only get one shot so make it count

You might never get this moment again' :lol:

Blimey a poster with a cold is clearly a dangerous one, sorry Algy and Lt :lol:

EDIT... the last 3 Posts weren't there when I was replying slowly.

Loo, I have better things to do than discuss things with a moron so I will let my mate Harvey tell you that I do not come from Manchester neither do I come from Leigh. Next!

Where would you like me to come from next, Lowton, Wiggin (god forbid), London, Paris, The moon?

I have met a few posters at social functions, some of them have now given up the ghost since you started with your Yurotrash, but fortunately I have never met you.

• Upvote 1

Eagle you were the first to come out with insults on this thread, and now you come out with moronic, If anyone is responsible for this thread going down hill it's you, you must be very proud, you got what you wanted.

Why would I want to meet a one time turf accountant that drinks in Glazebury, who is also a moderator on another forum and should no better.

I was going to insult you back, but as you were the first to come out with the insults, it is apt you should have the last!!

It took the thread on a downward spiral Wolfie, might be wrong but if you insulted someone on here you would expect to get on back, Eagle new what he was doing, or he was incapable of getting his point across rationally so had to resort to it. On the abuse, I think if you counted all of it , he would be very near the top, and as he was out numbered he didn't do to badly.

As you are now posting on the thread, odd when you said you couldn't, you might as well give your opinion, as people might get a slanted view of your opiniun, when reading your input thus far :wink:

Not really insulting, but is that an excuse for all the other abuse? :roll:

You have a very valid point, calling anybody a Manc is out of order, even if they have been posting completely unfounded allegations and lies about what is still a very emotive subject. Knowing full well the hurt it will probably cause. As has been said he should know better and just shut up.

To question Virginian <removed> , knowing that he had been on the terraces that day was absolutely deplorable and unforgivable. He would not say that to anyones face in the street or down the pub so why is it ok here?

Edited by Dizzy
reference to deleted post removed

Some of the posters on this Forum bring the cringe factor to topics like this.

I am dumbfounded by the way that what is going on about a stupid film, worldwide, is not a lot different to the comments that are being thrown around on here.

They are just words and opinions, and whilst comments may not be liked, that's what they are. Words.

The majority sympathise with the victim's families, unless an opposing football supporter. Perhaps we need to keep all of this in perspective, it was some time ago and to kick off as if it was last week makes no sense to me.

Kije.

2 points. 1, I know and have met quite a few of the posters on this Forum.

and 2, why as a Leeds supporter are you sticking your twopennyworth in?

To those who lost loved ones at Hillsborough it probably still seems like it was just last week. However there is no justification for people to continue to blame fans (drunk or sober) for the tragedy after the publication of a report exhonorating them and stating quite clearly that they were innocent.

Peter, in my opinion you should let that dog type your next utterance, it may make some sense, just words Peter so no harm done eh? People have gone to prison for using words and opinions on public forums and the like.

As a Leeds fan it appears you aren't allowed an opinion in a Hillsborough thread, Mr. Moderator says so. THEN WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU NOT ASKED THE SAME QUESTION OF THE MANC FANS WHO HAVE POSTED IN THE SAME THREAD? One of whom has had to remove some of his more offensive diatribe by request and had another malicious post removed by another, less biased (in my opinion) moderator. Is it old chums sticking together?

Well, having just had the pleasure of having to read the latest batch of comments, bickering and insults posted since I signed off last night I’m at a complete loss again and rather disappointed actually.

I for one tried my best yesterday to politely try to get people to draw a line under all this and to stop all the bickering, insults and name calling but it has clearly fallen on deaf ears and has been completely ignored and now others are joining in too.

Did anyone actually bother reading my post or take note ? I guess not.

So as all else has failed I am now going to LOCK THIS TOPIC with immediate effect as it’s clearly not going to end and it makes an awful and rather sad read.

Try reading it all from start to finish in one go, word by word, like I did yesterday and maybe you’ll see what I mean. Some might even be surprised to see that some of the more severe ‘name calling’ words (which had somehow not been spotted by Mods/Admin previously or may have been added later as a edit) have also been removed by me too. So if you do read it all just remember that some of it was far worse than it is now.

The finger of blame is not being pointed at any person in particular by the way as I realise it’s an emotive subject but like I said yesterday ‘ENOUGH !!’.

If anyone has a problem with me locking the topic please send me a PM or report me/it to Admin.

Dizzy