Max Bygraves

Cleopatra

No Hiding Place with Raymond Francis and a young Johnny Briggs - Mike Baldwin owner of the knicker factory in Coronation Street in a later life.

Dixon of Dock Green with Jack Warner

Charlie Chan the chinese detective

The Verdict Is Yours.

Your Life In Their Hands - taken off screen because so many fools were sitting and watching it then committing suicide. Sheesh! :blink:

Quatermass sci fi serial of 1953, had people sitting on the edge of their seats.

The Black Museum, scary radio program of the 1950's

All good programs not rubbish ones.

Jimmy Jewell? the only thing he was good in was Spring and Autumn with a young Charlie Hawkins.

Hilda she knows you know Baker made us all laugh.

What about Arthur Lucas as Old Mother Riley? His wife Kitty O'Shea couldn't act for toffee. she was there just to add a touch of glamour.

The late Thora Hird was no oil painting but she could act!

Margaret Rutherford - worse Miss Sharples I ever saw, Couldn't stand her in anything.

My all time favourit - Bill & Ben the flowerpot men! Flob a dob! The guy who wrote the script for that must have been on pot

Queenie Watts and Arthur Mullard in "Yus My Dear"!

Jack Smethurst and that bloke "Jacko" with his "I'll 'av 'arf" catch phrase from "Love Thy Neighbour"..... and speaking of Catchphrase..."Say what you see, you're not right; you're wrong" Roy Walker!

Alf Garnett and the entire cast of The Royle Family!!

The Grove Family - 1954 with a young Christopher Beeny

The Appleyards 1952. I think much the same as The Grove Family.

What about Emergency Ward 10 with Jill Brown? Hospital drama ran for 10 years from 1957. Trouble was the script writers ran out of ideas and the plots got a bit thin and uninteresting and in many instances silly, same as any program that is dragged on for too long. Like On The Buses which was funny when it started but the plots became just too ridiculous towards the end, with an ageing Reg Varney still acting like a young lothario.

Saber of London - I'm Mark Saber, and this is London. - Police series where Saber always got his man.

Will Hay...kick him into the long grass ! Mark Sabre ,didn't he have one arm ? What about Ivanhoe ? Roger Moore acted the same when he went into the Saint.Does anyone remember Sam with a youngish Mark McManus playing young lad with a dodgy Yorkshire accent?

Yes, Mark Saber had just one arm

I remember Sam.

Remember his grandad taking his belt off to beat him and his momma grabbing his wrist and telling him in no uncertain terms, "Oh no you don't mister!" She was the only one not afraid of her father in law and gave him as good as he gave.

Robin Hood with Richard Green as Robin Hood and a load of other guys prancing around in tights. Each episode was just a rehash of the first one.

William Tell with Conrad Phillips as Tell. We put our own words to the opening song - Come away, come away with William Tell, kick him up his rr's then run like hell....! But if the parents were in earshot it would be kick him up his bum then run like hell....! :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh! somebody stop me! I could go on for ever! :lol: