Max Bygraves

Cleopatra

Whoever came up with the idea of Bernard Bresslaw making a record should have been stood up against a wall and shot! His singinging really made me cringe. He was very funny in the tv series The Army Game but I do think that was about his limit, eh? Well I only asked....! :mellow:

The dancing on Max Bygrave's You Need Hands was brilliant! :unsure:

Tommy Cooper! Now there was a man who used to make everyone laugh. His magic was an unacceptable word but his stature and appearance was ever so funny.

I saw him die on stage, literally. I suppose you could say that he really died doing what he loved most, making people laugh, and yet I felt some disgust for the audience laughing at him as he died on stage and felt that surely they must have realised, if they had any sense, that something was seriously wrong and it was not part of his act. :blink:

He was a friend of Diddy David Hamilton and he didn't amount to much either. Whatever happened to David Hamilton? He seemed to fade into obscurity.

If Dizzy isn't looking - I used to fancy the pants off Kenny Lynch. He was so cute. :wink:

Diddy David Hamilton , is he the bloke who seemed to get younger the more he was on tv ? I believe he lives down south & is due to start nursery school this week.

:lol::lol: 'Shite'.... ha ha never expected you to use a word like that Artie but that sort of sums them all up very nicely from what I've seen and remember.

That word by the way was the only one that my mum would allow us all to use (in earshot) without us getting a right telling off so reading it brought a huge smile to my face for that reason too :wink::D

I'll add to your list ... Tommy Cooper (although my other half would disagree with me there) and Slim Whitman (and my dad will disagree with me there too).

Probably going off topic a little with those but the word 'shite' reminded me of them :oops:

I wont go into the long list of old TV progs that I think fit the criteria too...... but that's just incase my other half is reading :unsure:<_<

Aaargh I think I remember them... Yeah 'shite' if my memory is right.

Did one of them have goofy teeth and was rather thick and had a big dopey dog called Snorebits?? (or simlar).

Damn I'm going to have to google or 'youtube' search now Artie.... thanks for that :P:lol:

Have always preferred music myself too Artie and have never been a TV fan but I guess some in my household would say that my choice of music at times has been (or still is) just as 'shite' too :lol:

Bernie and the Snorbits just reminded me of some others though.

Who was the bloke who had his arm shoved up an emu's rear end and thought he was funny ... ahh yes Rod Hull (Zzzz). Yet another one worth forgetting IMO :blink: :

Not blaming the puppet of course as it knew no different :wink:

And there was another chap and his puppet I can visualise them but can't remember what he or it was called. '??? Ray Charles ????' They both looked similar and the dopey man made one wore a monacle.

Shite whoever or whatever..... :lol:

More rubbish TV acts:-

Mike & Bernie Winters, Frankie Vaughan, Little & Large,

Muffin the Mule (I believe that's illegal now!). :wink::D :grin: :D

:shock: It's illegal to muffin a mule!? Since when? :unsure::D

Ahh! But Frankie Vaughan did so much for the youths of the day. He did give something back. :) My sister always went gooey over him when he was on tv. :lol:

More rubbish TV acts:-

Muffin the Mule (I believe that's illegal now!). :wink::D :

:lol::lol::shock: But OMG Algy...what have you just said. :shock:

I don't really remember the prog as such but it must have been one I liked as kiddie as I do vividly remember that I had a muffin the mule wooden 'horsey' puppet. I just googled and mine was exacly the same as the one on the show....

Where is my 'muffin' and is he still perhaps living somewhere within in the dark, dusty and cramped depths of dads loft that he keeps moaning about :shock:

OK so I need to get over my massive fear of cobwebs and spiders (and other creepies) and hopefully find him if he is still there before it's too late

:cry:

I won't sleep again tonight now :unsure:

:blink: This topic is going where no man should go. :oops: Beam me up Scotty! :roll::lol:

I'll bring it back on course Florence!.

Crackerjack with Peter Glaze and Leslie Crowther.

The Krankies

this is your Life - Eamonn Andrews

Bernie Clifton.

Through the Keyhole.

Flipper.

Skippy.

Bewitched.

Jo 90.

Thunderbirds

The Man from Uncle.

Blue Peter - here's one I prepared earlier!.

The Golden Shot.

Bulls Eye.

The Generation Game. Good Gyme, "I don't think so 'Chisel Chin'".