Joey Dunn back in football

robocop

I,ve got to say i'm surprised he's gone back in at Counties level and even more so as an assistant manager!!

On their website they state he was successfull in his 3yr tenure.

Is Peter Withe on his way out?

Probably found the right level now and should be a good assett to Stockport who are floundering a little. :oops:

Tithe won't be on his way out, the clubs board have been massively supportive of him. If Stockport had any sense, they'd swap their two positions around though.

Probably found the right level now :oops:

If you haven't forgotten, Joey took us from the bottom of the table and made us good enough to challenge for the top. Joey will definitely be brilliant for Stockport (/Woodley Sports), even if he isn't fully managing them.

I hope he can build them just like he built us, and I also hope he can push on from there, just like how we didn't let him.

Tithe won't be on his way out, the clubs board have been massively supportive of him. If Stockport had any sense, they'd swap their two positions around though.

If you haven't forgotten, Joey took us from the bottom of the table and made us good enough to challenge for the top. Joey will definitely be brilliant for Stockport (/Woodley Sports), even if he isn't fully managing them.

I hope he can build them just like he built us, and I also hope he can push on from there, just like how we didn't let him.

Finished 9th,9th and 11th and never won or challenged for anything at anytime, its a results driven business and we did'nt have any. Most of our players have re-surfaced at NW Counties teams or lower in some cases with just 3 or 4 staying at evo level so what does that tell you.

if he was that good why is'nt he manager in our league/level or above??

Finished 9th,9th and 11th and never won or challenged for anything at anytime, its a results driven business and we did'nt have any. Most of our players have re-surfaced at NW Counties teams or lower in some cases with just 3 or 4 staying at evo level so what does that tell you.

if he was that good why is'nt he manager in our league/level or above??

Really?

Collins - Colwyn Bay, Conference

Duffy - Skelmersdale, challengers this season

Salmon - Mossley, Mid-table/Playoff standard team

Cross - Witton, Premier Division

Heald & Thommo - Salford

and also Wright/Pritchard have had trials with other NPL clubs and I'm not sure what has happened with them. That is 6-8 players, with 4/6 of them at teams who are, to be honest, better than us.

And we finished 9th and 11th in the first 2 seasons because Joey was building the squad.

Then in his 3rd/final season, we were on target for the play-offs and the squad was definitely good enough to challenge in the top 3, but then we sacked Joey and lost all momentum, to eventually finish 9th.

Really?

Collins - Colwyn Bay, Conference

Duffy - Skelmersdale, challengers this season

Salmon - Mossley, Mid-table/Playoff standard team

Cross - Witton, Premier Division

Heald & Thommo - Salford

and also Wright/Pritchard have had trials with other NPL clubs and I'm not sure what has happened with them. That is 6-8 players, with 4/6 of them at teams who are, to be honest, better than us.

And we finished 9th and 11th in the first 2 seasons because Joey was building the squad.

Then in his 3rd/final season, we were on target for the play-offs and the squad was definitely good enough to challenge in the top 3, but then we sacked Joey and lost all momentum, to eventually finish 9th.

The club's brightest stars =

Same Finlay wasted in Welsh league

Kyle Hamid - North West Counties

River Humphries - North West Counties

The ones who are still in the Evo-Stik wont be for much longer as Joey and the money beckons! :wink:

The club's brightest stars =

Same Finlay wasted in Welsh league

Kyle Hamid - North West Counties

River Humphries - North West Counties

The ones who are still in the Evo-Stik wont be for much longer as Joey and the money beckons! :wink:

Finleys disciplinary record probably put off quite a few other teams, but TNS are still one of the top Welsh clubs.

Hamid wasn't bad, but I wouldn't describe him as one of our "brighest stars" to be honest.

Humphries caused a lot of problems towards the end of his time here, arguing with other players on 2 (or more) occasions, and also his form had dipped by that point as well. He was another good player, but not brilliant.

Our better players have all stayed here, with other clubs that are outsiders for this season or challengers.

There are none as blind as those that cannot see.

IF Town were that good, why did they take half the season to get going?

Yes, Joey did well and got the team to mid-table. After that, there was never any momentum. And as for the statement that they were on target for the play-offs, rubbish. Are you trying to tell us that the teams they had to play were just going to roll over and let Town win??? Get real. :roll:

There are none as blind as those that cannot see.

IF Town were that good, why did they take half the season to get going?

Yes, Joey did well and got the team to mid-table. After that, there was never any momentum. And as for the statement that they were on target for the play-offs, rubbish. Are you trying to tell us that the teams they had to play were just going to roll over and let Town win??? Get real. :roll:

They certainly wouldn't have rolled over, but that doesn't mean we weren't good enough to get a result. We certainly were good enough to get points from them.

Early form was a big problem, but we got around that.

There was a lot of momentum, we were in great form despite one or two bad results.

They certainly wouldn't have rolled over, but that doesn't mean we weren't good enough to get a result. We certainly were good enough to get points from them.

Early form was a big problem, but we got around that.

There was a lot of momentum, we were in great form despite one or two bad results.

So at the most important time of the season (don't forget you've just said" Early form was a big problem, but we got around that"

why did we draw 2-2 against nine men at wakefield then lose 3-1 Clitheroe??

So at the most important time of the season (don't forget you've just said" Early form was a big problem, but we got around that"

why did we draw 2-2 against nine men at wakefield then lose 3-1 Clitheroe??

They were just 2 poor results, but I didn't go to the 2 games so I can't really comment.

After such a good run that put us 3 points behind the play-offs with a game in hand (including those 2 loses!) we were definitely contenders for the play-offs.

But I've said this before, this was in March so we shouldn't still be discussing it. Shaun is starting to do a decent job, and hearing todays result is starting to get my hopes up for a decent season.