Creamfields 2012 - Tickets Wanted

Dizzy

It's that time of the year again and Creamfields 2012 is on next weekend around here.

Is anyone of here going? (actually that's probably a daft question) :lol:

If by any chance anyone has (or knows of) a couple of spare tickets up for grabs can they please let me know.

It's sold out and my son and his cousins wanted to go but left it a bit too late and the tickets on ebay and other sites sound a bit dodgy to me so I wont let them buy them.

Mums eh :oops::lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SL, they've tried their friends already.

The lady in the local shop said residents up that way used to get free tickets. I wonder if they still do but I'm certainly not going door knocking so I might keep that info to myself :lol:

ohh eck what have you done diz, all those ticket-less people hammering on the locals doors asking if they have any free tickets. Can even imagine the aftermath like a scene from some hammer horror movie.

Can see a mob of angry local residents heading for dizzy's house, Torches streaming in the wind pitchforks waving menacingly, sickle's held aloft with intent, muttered menaces and shouts of "there she is" echoing up the hill. :shock::unsure::twisted:

I'm pretty sure you can wear trainers skilltes.

When I was looking for tickets the other day I read 'strictly NO tracksuits, jeans and trainers are OK unless they've suddenly changed the rules and I was reading the wrong info.

Going by the weather trendy wellies are clearly a must tonight anyway.

Comfort and fashion especially for the boys Cleo.

'Trainers' of the various sorts have come a long way over the years hence the costly price of them these days :shock:

Gone are the days of highly polished shoes, winkle pickers and whatever men used to wear on their feet in years gone by.

Don't see many wearing Dunlop Green Flash these days or cheap supermarket specials though once they pass a certain age :lol:

Well it's a bit chilly and even more soggy here now Cleo (just mentioning that as obviously you cant see it) so I recon bare feet or crocs ( a type of flip flop and/or slip on clog type shoe) once they are in could be the best option second to wellies so their footsie wrappers are not ruined. Far easier and quicker to wash and dry a bare foot to bring it back to it's former beauty than a costly leather shoe/trainer :wink:

I love my flip flop crocs and they have been one of the best thing I've ever bought :lol:

Yes, a family friend's house is flooded who leaves near the site. The fire brigade are near there, pumping water from the streets back into the canal.

Apparently, police were out hunting for a rapist near the site last night too. Does anyone know about this?

It's completely finished Cleo but was due to end tomorrow morning anyway. I feel really sorry for them all and wonder how they will all get home on a Sunday as public transports naff at the best of times.

Sadako... not heard anything about a rapist :shock: Any idea what time they were allegisdely looking for one.

We saw a rather rather interesting police 'capture' at bridge foot about 11.30 last night though.

As a local, no sympathy whatsoever for Creamfields organisation, the two greedy landowners who rent out the site or the HALTON and WARRINGTON councils who have supported the last licence application for the event. Flooding of the site after torrential rainfall was inevitable, given the compacting of the land by heavy lorries and machinery in setting up of the site over last two weeks and compounded by the event over the last six years. When the Daresbury Labs 'Tower' was built some years ago several natural drainage pits in the woods alongside the festival site were filled in with spoil excavated for the tower and this caused an on going problem with water/soil washing across the A56 and into gardens and sometimes residences on 'Millioaire's' row.

I do feel sorry for the thousands of punters (this time a record 55,000) who should not have had to endure the overnight camping conditions and camping has only been a facility for the last three years. Hope they can get at least some of ticket money back but wouldn't hold your breath - most likely to be a small discout on next year's ticket if purchased months in advance !! As for locals having free tickets, I think that these now go only to those who have not objected to the Licence over previous years and they are a very very minor majority and free tickets have never been available to be sold on/transferred.

Why the event was ever allowed in that area in the first place defeats me (other than greed that has already been mentioned) it's bang in the middle of four villages - Daresbury, Hatton, Walton, Appleton and probably affects Moore, Keckwick and Preston Brook surely the Parish Council's of those areas are strong enough to raise objections!. :roll: