Wembley

Wireboy

Can't spot either of mine on your pics Algy but I must say they are very good. I do the same as you and take pics like that but mine are nowhere near as clear as yours. You must have a posher telly or camera.

or just lucky Dizz, plus you didn't see the ones I binned. :wink::D

Nice one Baz, wonder who he's dreaming about.

Watching the game high up in the stands both sides looked more or less evenly matched except of course Wire kept scoring regularly. It was only after returning home and watching the game again it became apparent that Wire were easily the better of the two sides...Leeds played the wrong game altogether in attempting to batter their way up the middle without success against a far superior pack of forwards...Hodgson deserved his Lance Todd particularly after being knocked cold in a Leeds three man tackle...He was ably assisted by Kevin Sinfield who persisted in hoofing the ball downfield if not directly at Hodgson than in close proximty to him...I hope the Myler knockers wil now shut up after his fine display...Leeds are Superleague Champions and also World Club Champions which proves the point there is something drastically wrong with the game...Wire are much the better side as proved in results over recent years. Something has to be done, the present system is very flawed. Like a poster on here and some others elsewhere I was disgusted at quite a sizeable minority of Wire *fans* who seemed intent on drinking themselves almost into oblivion..The day started when we joined the train at Watford enroute to the stadium and it was abvious that some of them had been drinking from early morning and commenced to treat the sober of us with their version of a good time with their rendition of football based obscene songs. Bearing in mind that there were females and young children in the midst of them it was most inappropriate..The streets in Wembley were filled by loads of these unsavoury characters carrying carrier bags filled to the brim with cheap booze from the *offie*...The return train to Watford wasn't any more pleasant because the same people were even drunker, louder and even more obscene..There was a chap stood next to me who was 60 at least,very drunk, and started to blow one of those Vazoola things very loudly right in my earhole and to cap it all his wife produced one and she started blowing even louder.The next time I visit Wembley it won't be on public transport, I don't want to be anywhere near people like those we encountered over the weekend.

I went to and from the ground on public transport (Tube into London City) and didn't witness any trouble or drunkenly behavior, just good banter between rival fans, not all of which were Wire or Leeds fans.

After the match got back to my hotel to freshen up before going out for something to eat. It was pouring with rain at this stage and my wife didn't want to venture out in the rain so we stayed in the hotel for a meal and then went to the Hotel bar where we found a number of the Warrington players and the Challenge Cup! The team were staying at my hotel and I got a photo of me and the missus holding the cup and all the players were very approachable and a credit to themselves and the Warrington club. Made my day complete and an experience I'll never forget :Phttp://www.freesmileys.org/smile :P

I would always recommend staying for the full weekend. We stayed from Friday until Monday, didn't see a bit of trouble, met some great people from both home and from Leeds (apart from the Leeds fan who openly refused to sit anywhere near me for breakfast on Sunday!), and generally had a great time. Site of the weekend was a family of eight sitting down for breakfast on Sunday morning in their pyjamas!

wire wire..... were you at the Intercontinental on Park Lane? I stayed there a few nights before the Warrington team team arrived the last time they played at Wembley. As I was checking out, the girl behind the desk said "your Rugby team is staying here tonight".....with reference to where I live I guess....

"Oh".... says I!! :D