Warrington Town's starting 11???!!!

theinsider

It doesn't take this long to decide a squad, but we are still mixing it around and stuff at this stage of pre-season. We should at least have decided on a squad of 18 by now.

Unless we have another few behind-closed-doors friendlies planned, I cannot see us having a good start to the season, which is where we went wrong last time! (apart from the fact we also killed off our form and a great squad just as they were beginning to perform, but I don't want to bring that up again.)

I went last night and was surprised with the changes beign made. With Everton being cancelled, I thought the CB match would have meant 70 mins or so with the preferred team and perhaps a bit of tinkering.

We still looked light up front even when 20 came on second half. Big lad but not exactly quick. The number 8 striker first half doesnt appear to have a great deal of positional sense. However he has played a lot. Is he staying?

Ash Ruane looks good and perhaps he'll start with hardwick up front?. Reid and Shipton seem guaranteed and the first half keeper made a cracking save. Beyond that havent a clue.

Will there be a squad announcement or will it be turn up and meet your team mates on the 18th? Doesnt help the drive for new fans when no one knows who is playing for the team?

• Upvote 1

Will there be a squad announcement or will it be turn up and meet your team mates on the 18th? Doesnt help the drive for new fans when no one knows who is playing for the team?

Has there ever been a squad announcement at Warrington Town. :unsure:

I think it would be a good idea for the supporters club to organise another meet the manager/board event and may be find out what is planned first hand.

Has there ever been a squad announcement at Warrington Town. :unsure:

I think it would be a good idea for the supporters club to organise another meet the manager/board event and may be find out what is planned first hand.

The easiest way to find out what any squad turns out to be is to attend the games. What difference does listing/announcing/publishing it make? None at all unless you know inside out every player at non-league level. If i said Joe Smoke has signed he's going to get 20 goals would you then turn-up (not you directly)

We lost four out of the first six last season so the extra support generated by the "who are the players" will i'm sure not go amiss.

I think even the insider will attend a game this season!!

The midweek Guardian had a wraparound dedicated to WTFC today. Ruane, Ablett and Townson are signed up apparently. Also stadium naming rights sold as well.

A lot of time effort and money has been invested in raising the bar at Warrington Town FC - I would hope all fans will get behind the club, actively encourage others to come along and help us on our journey to bring a successful football club to the town.

We have done just about everything physically possible now to raise the profile of the club but we do need the support of the public to help us on the journey.

That I dont doubt Gary and very commendable it is. I am certainly impressed by the sea change in approach i have seen in the relatively short period I have been attending.

However my son has commented when asked to come along, is that he doesnt know anyone there anymore. He even harked back to some past players who he admired and are no longer around. Kids especially like to have someone to look out for / relate to. It helps maintain their interest.

I think its a question of communciation. It helps when trying to sell the product to others that the current supporters have information for example : we've just signed x from y and he scored loads for them last season or so and so is an ex pro for z and will spread the ball about. Apart from the one signing, first I knew was when I got the midweek G the day after the last friendly.

That I dont doubt Gary and very commendable it is. I am certainly impressed by the sea change in approach i have seen in the relatively short period I have been attending.

However my son has commented when asked to come along, is that he doesnt know anyone there anymore. He even harked back to some past players who he admired and are no longer around. Kids especially like to have someone to look out for / relate to. It helps maintain their interest.

I think its a question of communciation. It helps when trying to sell the product to others that the current supporters have information for example : we've just signed x from y and he scored loads for them last season or so and so is an ex pro for z and will spread the ball about. Apart from the one signing, first I knew was when I got the midweek G the day after the last friendly.

The squad and signings are all listed on the club website.

A new manager generally means new squad at this level - I am sure your son will soon have plenty of new heroes when hopefully watching a winning team more often than not.

"The Abacus Solicitors Community Stadium" ...Catchy :wink:

Too much of a mouthful.

For people to use it, it needs the "solicitors" dropping off. Then it is less of a mouthful and more memorable.

As for the team, will we get to see the final squad before the 18th???

I am worried that on the opening game, that we will have a team who are not familiar with each other.

My early confidence has been watered down to cautiously optimistic. :blink: Mind, getting a proven goal scorer could eradicate my concerns. :P

Mind, getting a proven goal scorer could eradicate my concerns. :P

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/warringtontown/news/town-swoop-for-townson-641240.html

"Super Kevin Townson" has a ring to it?

...Not as good as Super Kevin Phillips, but who is? and Kevin Davies is about as useful as my nan...

Ripped us apart at Fylde 2 seasons ago, got a great record at 25 in 36 for them, hopefully this pays off.

Him and Dogan are brilliant signings. Lets see if we can actually use them...