Parents dilemma -

observer

Kids Summer Hols and it's out to play - or is it? Seems these days parents are so frightened by the peadophile threat, the heavy traffic etc; that the kids are confined to the couch with an X-box: not exactly good preparation for a future Team GB! And if your kid does wonder off; you may discover he's made a round trip to Rome! :wink:

I don't know Obs, their damned if they stay in, and their damned if they go to Rome :wink:

I don't think all parents keep their children in obs, I'm pretty sure that the majority would rather sit in front of a computer or play with an 'X'Box rather than roam around the parks and streets, sign of the times unfortunately, alternatively in Warrington many wander aimlessly around Golden Square making a nuisance of themselves.

Obs.... my 11 year old had his first full day at home today after finishing yesterday (and going to high school in September!!)

I worked from home today and he had 7 of his mates round and they all disappeared off into the woods near my house for most of the day.... a quick call back for lunch and they were off again.... I don't think it is paedo filth that keeps kids in these days; its the crappy summer weather we get!!

And anyway.... I Don't worry about paedos at all.... but if anyone ever did approach any of my kids or their mates and I got to hear of it I would slit their throats from ear to ear and video it for youtube....

Paedos are complete filth and should not even be out walking the streets without having their heads permanantly tatooed bright green so eveyone knows who they are.... and then they could be battered by all and sundry every minute of the day

Seems these days parents are so frightened by the peadophile threat...

the kids are confined to the couch with an X-box

Rome! (when in!)(hang on, let's have a few more of these - !!!!!!!)

!

I would slit their throats from ear to ear and video it for youtube

Paedos are complete filth and should not even be out walking the streets without having their heads permanantly tatooed bright green so eveyone knows who they are.... and then they could be battered by all and sundry every minute of the day

A typical day on WWW.

Well done all!

Won wonders Clea, why people on here find it acceptable to attack the young, but when the comment is turned on its head it is not acceptable, and for your info, I'm not that young, and not that old. I suggest you read algys post, and get over it :wink:

Lt what planet are you living on at the moment, you certainly chose a suitable nom de plume - a mythical character based on someone who never existed, the topic posted that you so eloquently referred to was by obs, I believe your reference may have been to my reply to the original post.

I was not attacking the young and certainly not suggesting that all youngsters in Golden Square make a nuisance of themselves, there are some great youngsters out there just as there are are some youngsters that behave as idiots and that applies to all age groups, and Baz it's great to hear that you son and his mates are out enjoying themselves, that nature of behaviour is timeless and to my mind just what kids need to develop their personalities for later life.

Back to your statement Lt regarding you thinking it was "pensioners on pension day", if at your stage of life you cannot tell the difference between youngsters and pensioners you really should not be venturing out on your own it could be dangerous for you especially when crossing busy roads, although you could possible recruit the aid of a pensioner (or youngster) to see you across or perhaps it would be safer to stay at home and read your Russian novels (or lady bird books). :roll:

Odd algy, that you think it acceptable to say the young wonder round golden square aimlessly, but when the comment is turned round and pointed at the old, you feel the need to get on your high horse and ride in guns blazing. Don't forget it was you who made the comment!! :wink:

Odd algy, that you think it acceptable to say the young wonder round golden square aimlessly, but when the comment is turned round and pointed at the old, you feel the need to get on your high horse and ride in guns blazing. Don't forget it was you who made the comment!! :wink:

Don't make exaggerated replies Lt, I said (or rather typed) many youngsters I did not say ALL youngsters, I also said 'wander' not 'wonder'. :roll::wink:

Nice to hear some kids have the imagination and motivation to "play out" all day Baz; as we did as kids in the good old days; but I suspect they're an exeption rather than the rule. As for peados; the evidence suggests more of them lurk within families; but we were always told "don't talk to strangers", so tended to avoid weirdos. The biggest threat were probably other "gangs" of kids. As someone has said: as a parent, you can't win either way. :unsure:

All I did algy was to turn your comment around onto the old, I did not change it,and all of a sudden it became the anti Christ, It appears you can dish it out, but you take it personally when someone uses your own comment about your age group. Odd to sat the least :wink:

All I did algy was to turn your comment around onto the old, I did not change it,and all of a sudden it became the anti Christ, It appears you can dish it out, but you take it personally when someone uses your own comment about your age group. Odd to sat the least :wink:

I did not take it personally Lt, you can poke at pensioners or any other group you wish to take a poke at as far as I'm concerned, what does annoy me , perhaps annoy is too strong a word let's say 'niggle', is when you or anyone else misquotes someone to turn an issue around to attempt to gain an advantage, in my book honesty is paramount in any discussion otherwise the situation only turns into a name calling and slanging match. I think a typical example is when your touch paper is lit when anyone here raises a post on here regarding immigration, then boy that sets your rocket into orbit. :wink::D :grin: :D

So where did I mis quote?

This was the part text of my reply to obs's post that you quoted from:-

"many wander aimlessly around Golden Square making a nuisance of themselves".

This was the part text of your reply to the above quote:-

"the young wonder round golden square aimlessly",

In my instance I think you could imply any number in from one to infinity.

In your instance, I read the sum total or all the young.

Also in the reply of mine to obs's post that you quoted from, I stated 'children' I never mentioned 'the word 'young'.

To summerize, your quoting of my reply to obs's original post is a total mis quote and can be very misleading.

Algy

This is what you wrote

I don't think all parents keep their children in obs' date=' I'm pretty sure that the majority would rather sit in front of a computer or play with an 'X'Box rather than roam around the parks and streets, sign of the times unfortunately, alternatively in Warrington many wander aimlessly around Golden Square making a nuisance of themselves. [/quote']

My reply

algy' date=' on 26 July 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

many wander aimlessly around Golden Square making a nuisance of themselves

I thought that was pensioners on pension day

[/quote']

What is your problem

Blimey I was going to suggest you two go and have a play outide in the fresh air to relax but it seem's you may have had a bit too much sun already :lol:

Anyway, I'm off to have an aimless wander with my pooch and if it's any help I can hear kids laughing as they play outside in their gardens, yards and the backs from where I'm sat :D

I shall count how many I hear or see while I'm out. I wont take photos to upload as proof cos that would be a bit weird :unsure::lol: