Food prices?

observer

It seems that food prices generally are destined to rise, despite the latest example of the S/markets milking the farmers; floods and drought both here and globally have affected food supplies, plus demand for a western diet by a rising third world middle class, will all contribute to higher prices. There are also questions about the efficiency and necessity of food milage, which all adds to retail costs. So what should be done to stabilise costs and ensure your diet remains affordable? :unsure:

I suppose OAP's and their bodily meats could become a delicacy... after all it would be slowly and very well matured :lol:

with added benefits too.....

....you could get different varieties ie: pickled (if they've been heavy drinkers), gently marinated (if they have just have enjoyed a regular tipple), and smoked or unsmoked (well that speaks for itself)

PS Cleo you how have you been matured then? What have you been fed and watered with over the years if eating you would make people vomit every day for the rest of their lives :shock: Just thought I'd ask before I force feed my dad to plump him... don't want to make any mistakes :lol:

I suppose OAP's and their bodily meats could become a delicacy... after all it would be slowly and very well matured :lol:

with added benefits too.....

....you could get different varieties ie: pickled (if they've been heavy drinkers), gently marinated (if they have just have enjoyed a regular tipple), and smoked or unsmoked (well that speaks for itself)

PS Cleo you how have you been matured then? What have you been fed and watered with over the years if eating you would make people vomit every day for the rest of their lives :shock: Just thought I'd ask before I force feed my dad to plump him... don't want to make any mistakes :lol:

Hmmmm! you seem to have put a great deal of thought into this subject Dizz. :unsure:

There was a prog about a group of convicts in 19thC Australia, who escaped into the wilderness. To cut a long story short, they finished up eating each other to survive. One survived, and was recaptured, confessed to his canibalism; however without any evidence, he couldn't be charged with murder. He escaped again, and was caught with the remains of a fellow escapee, who he'd started to eat. This time he was charged with murder and hanged in Hobart prison. As the man confessed; "if your hungry enough, you'll eat anything". :wink:

Maybe if they hadn't bothered to try and catch him for the second time he wouldn't have had the need to eat anyone else to survive :unsure::wink:

I suppose eating human 'meat' is a bit like eating back pudding, haggis (or even ostrich).

If you can overcome the fact that what you are eating is not the norm and close you mind to 'it' then 'it' could seem rather 'nice' if you are hungry enough and nothing else is on offer.

...actually maybe not as I'd rather boil up my other half socks to make flavoured soup than to eat him :lol:

Caught a bit of an report last night about the Olympic park. Seems that you are not allowed to take your own food in and if you want a bag of fish and chips then don't expect much change from a tenner as I am sure they quoted a price of £8.50 and I thought our local chippy was a bit over the odds :shock: :shock: :angry: