new season

Aaron

is it just me thats got that real start of the season feeling now?? last nights performance was the best i have seen form a warrington side for a while, i am loving the principles that shaun has brought in and the new lads look sharp. rob hardwick has improved, good to see tom there last night would be good to see him back in a town shirt :), kinsella is class and shippo is also i liked near enough the new team last night apart from the left back in the first half :/

Was hard to tell from the first two friendlies, lots of players, lots of changes, some good skill sets but hard to determine how they would gell as a squad.

Last nights game was totally different, flowing football with individuals gelling well, have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how well they played as a team considering the short time they`ve been together as a squad, this can only improve through the season. Great game last night, result was good but the added bonus was the football was enjoyable to watch. Kinsella showed flare, determination and imagination in midfield, and I highly rate the right back No 18 who came on in the 2nd half, Impressed me in the earlier friendlies, dissappointed that he didn`t make the starting 11, appears to have a good footballing brain and the skills to go with it.

I would have to question the fitness of that No 17 who came on in the 2nd half, some short bursts of speed but no stamina :D

Took the opportunity to pay a visit and have got to say Warrington now look like a team that could possibly have the WOW factor.

Even after such a short space of time they have been transformed into a unit which looks capable of playing decent football.

They were up against a youthful Stoke side who have been given every opportunity over the past couple of years to have the best facilities avaialble to any player - and basically bossed them off the park and ran rings around them.

If this is a sign of things to come Warrington could be going places at long last!

If this is a sign of things to come Warrington could be going places at long last!

Its to be hoped for Insider. Perhaps with a successfull free flowing football team you may visit the Field of Dreams more often. :wink:

Last nights performance was outstanding. Wouldn't call it the best I've seen us play, but it was a top quality performance. Even more so, considering the fact Reid played half an hour in midfield!

Hopefully last night was a sign that Shaun has begun to narrow down our team to the 18(+ loans) he said we would have in time for the season.

But I do have one question: Why aim for play-offs if we can go up automatically? I would target the top 3, not just aim to finish somewhere in the play-offs. A home advantage for the play-offs would be nice, and automatic would be even better (but unlikely)

• 1 month later...

is it just me thats got that real start of the season feeling now?? last nights performance was the best i have seen form a warrington side for a while, i am loving the principles that shaun has brought in and the new lads look sharp. rob hardwick has improved, good to see tom there last night would be good to see him back in a town shirt :), kinsella is class and shippo is also i liked near enough the new team last night apart from the left back in the first half :/

Still impressed? - Kinsella appears to have disappeared and probably won't be the first or last :roll:

Still impressed? - Kinsella appears to have disappeared and probably won't be the first or last :roll:

This post shows the extent of your knowledge. Kinsella has signed for Football League club Fleetwood Town and was on the bench vs Notts Forest the other week.

The team has a player with an international cap, one with England u19 cap and i'm sure many more experienced players. Kinsella going to a league club shows progress and a good type of player willing to come to the club

This post shows the extent of your knowledge. Kinsella has signed for Football League club Fleetwood Town and was on the bench vs Notts Forest the other week.

The team has a player with an international cap, one with England u19 cap and i'm sure many more experienced players. Kinsella going to a league club shows progress and a good type of player willing to come to the club

I don't disagree with your sentiments and I don't profess to have all the knowledge - may be the club should have kept their supporters informed of such exciting developments :wink:

Insider a supporter???? It must be April the 1st.

Kinsella wasn't expected to stay given his pedigree. More of a rehab course than anything permanent.

The present squad is looking pretty good for a team that have had so few games together. And looking at the new striker, plus the experience now in the squad, the future is looking good.

Insider a supporter???? It must be April the 1st.

Kinsella wasn't expected to stay given his pedigree. More of a rehab course than anything permanent.

The present squad is looking pretty good for a team that have had so few games together. And looking at the new striker, plus the experience now in the squad, the future is looking good.

Supporter or not I seem to be the only person able to get any debate going on here! :oops:

You could do with a few more Wire Warriors - but with a bit more common sense :blink: