Census 2011 Preliminary Findings....

Bazj

it seems that despite all the denials to the contrary; immigration (Legal or otherwise) has had a marked effect on the population of England and Wales according to data released today from the Census last year.

It shows that from March 2001 to March 2011, there were 6.6 million births and five million deaths in England and Wales, leading to an increase in the population of 1.6 million.

The Office for National Statistics said this accounted for around 44% of the total increase in population size, with the remainder being due to migration

Now seeing as the population as a whole was up by 3.7 million; that is a net migration icrease of 2.1 million in ten years......

it does not matter what race, colour, creed the immigrants are it is time to put a stop to it; Unpopular though it may be with some people on here

Oh, and don't forget all the illegals too...... the true population is probably well over 60 million

Some woman from the ONS says the census was a resounding success, well by law everyone should be counted, so why the happiness. But only 19 out of 20 people bothered to complete the census; which in my eyes is not a success, over 500.000 + failed to comply with the law.

Glad you raised this Baz, so Kije can't accuse me of OBsessing again! Believe he's happy to recomend birth control to third world countries to reduce population levels and the misery of starvation; but he doesn't seem to mind every one and his dog coming here to increase our population level.

it seems that despite all the denials to the contrary; immigration (Legal or otherwise) has had a marked effect on the population of England and Wales according to data released today from the Census last year.

It shows that from March 2001 to March 2011, there were 6.6 million births and five million deaths in England and Wales, leading to an increase in the population of 1.6 million.

The Office for National Statistics said this accounted for around 44% of the total increase in population size, with the remainder being due to migration

Now seeing as the population as a whole was up by 3.7 million; that is a net migration icrease of 2.1 million in ten years......

it does not matter what race, colour, creed the immigrants are it is time to put a stop to it; Unpopular though it may be with some people on here

Oh, and don't forget all the illegals too...... the true population is probably well over 60 million

Some woman from the ONS says the census was a resounding success, well by law everyone should be counted, so why the happiness. But only 19 out of 20 people bothered to complete the census; which in my eyes is not a success, over 500.000 + failed to comply with the law.

I COMPLETELY AGREE, BAZ.

• Upvote 1

Ooh, look, another thread about immigruntz.

Maybe there should be a special folder for them all.

Well, seeing as most people on here think nobody should be cohabiting and breeding until they can afford to buy a house, perhaps we need more of these lovely people, eh?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/wanted-more-immigrants-to-boost-british-economy-6271541.html

Clearly a Tory CONtradiction, shared by all the main Parties; the assumption that increased immigration is required to boost our economy, is clearly nonesense. Yes, specific skill sets may be required, which can be imported on a limited visa basis; but with over 2million unemployed, being given the required education and training, and instilled with a work ethic; plus plans to tie the wrinkles to the work bench till they drop; there would seem adequate scope for economic expansion. However, I suspect this is merely a ruse to excuse the fact that the Gov can't provide the legislation or resources to tackle border control; they are in fact making staff redundant.

Ooh, look, another thread about immigruntz.

Why are there schools in England where there are up to 30 different languages spoken?

Why are there so many strains on our public services?

Why is there a shortage of low paid "starter" jobs for our kids

Head-In-Sand.jpg.....fugtifino

This country is a ticking timebomb. Water shortages, over burdened NHS, over capacity public transport, the census doesn't show any of that and more to the point it can't be that accurate either, the population must be 1 million more at least. we have the same population as France, a country three times bigger than UK.... the country is full; we cannot take any more!!

• Upvote 2

I have to agree with all of this. As I approach retirement age, that age is being raised so that I may never actually get there. I am being told by much of the media that this is because of the increasing "older" population.

As I see it, this is being balanced by the increasing younger population BUT many of these are not contributing towards the National Insurance scheme to the extent that many of us "older population" have done for the last 40+ years - mainly as they do not work.

How many of these youngsters would have jobs if there were significantly less immigrant workers allowed into the country?

I do not pretend to know the answer, but can't help wondering.

Are you simple or what?! The data shows an increase in England and Wales, of 3million over 10years, 50% of which is ascribed to net immigration, and btw this data only records those wishing to or being located to fill in the census form in the first place. I can't imagine any of the million plus illegals filling in a census form. Grabbing at straws won't save your arguement Kije. :roll:

So with the exception of Manchester, the population in the North West is decreasing, thats at odds with what Observer has been observing :wink:

The popluation of Warrington has INCREASED too Lt K. It is now 202,200 and is 5.8% higher than it was at the 2001 census. 96 per cent of Census forms were returned.

"Nearly a quarter of the resident population is aged 0 to 19 years (slightly more than the national average"

More here... http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13614/1/Towns-population-tops-202000/Page1.html

Just in case you hadn't noticed Kije; we live in the UK, which includes England & Wales; the population of which, has increased by over 3million. Just because you've found a couple of spare seats on the N/West side of the life boat, doesn't mean it's not overcrowded. Meanwhile, we've got a million plus "illegals", that will not have completed the census for obvious reasons, and the Gov havn't got a clue where they are and won't devote the resources to round them up in any case. :angry:

The population of the North West has decreased Obs, with the exception of Greater Manchester.

Are you looking on the official ONS website Lt K and reading it properly.

Their press release of 16 July 2012 states that

The population of the North West on census day (27 March 2011) was 7.1 million, an increase of 4 per cent from 2001 when it was 6.7 million. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) published the first results from the 2011 Census today.

The North West had the third largest population of any English region but had seen a decrease in its population between 1981 and 2001. However, the period from 2001 to 2011 saw population growth of 4 per cent – larger than in the North East but still less than the population growth in other English regions and Wales.

maybe though it's just me reading it wrong but that does indicate to me that the the population of the North West HAS actually increased rather than decreased like you say.

Just saying... that's all :blink::wink:

I have some black ones (sunglasses) and also some clear untinted ones which I'm supposed to wear for reading but I always forget and never have them with me.

T'int(ernet) is a great thing though as you just zoom in and your pc monitor/browser remembers it and everything suddenly becomes much clearer :lol::wink: