Forgotten Lancashire (and parts of Cheshire and the Wirral)

Derek

I've not spoken to Roger Phillips yet, as Emily French, the Communications Officer for TMB Books has arranged it all. I've listened to him many times - seldom the whole show as he's on at midday during the week - but I have heard him enough to know that he sometimes gives people a hard time - a bit like a Radio Merseyside version of Jeremy Paxman. I just hope that I'm not too nervous and can do the book justice. Wish me luck.

I've not spoken to Roger Phillips yet, as Emily French, the Communications Officer for TMB Books has arranged it all. I've listened to him many times - seldom the whole show as he's on at midday during the week - but I have heard him enough to know that he sometimes gives people a hard time - a bit like a Radio Merseyside version of Jeremy Paxman. I just hope that I'm not too nervous and can do the book justice. Wish me luck.

:blink: He's a good brick really. I wouldn't have compared him to Paxman. :unsure:

I still haven't been able to find this book. I don't like buying things on the internet with my credit card (call me old fashioned). And it isn't in any bookshop I've been in. Looks like I'll have to put it on my Christmas wish list!

Where's your nearest bookshop, Bill ? Let me know and I'll make sure that they stock it (that goes for anyone else, as well).

If you can't get it in a book shop you can get it on Amazon - it's very safe with Paypal.

Thanks for asking,

Derek

So infuriating - I was all set to do my interview when my wife rang to say that she had locked herself out of the house and that the kitchen tap was running. I had to dash back to let her in by which time I was too late. Fortunately two of my researchers were there so filled in as best they could. Very annoying.

Derek

I still haven't been able to find this book. I don't like buying things on the internet with my credit card (call me old fashioned). And it isn't in any bookshop I've been in. Looks like I'll have to put it on my Christmas wish list!

Make a note of the ISBN number and try somewhere like Waterstones or W.H.smiths ask if they can get hold of a copy for you.

So infuriating - I was all set to do my interview when my wife rang to say that she had locked herself out of the house and that the kitchen tap was running. I had to dash back to let her in by which time I was too late. Fortunately two of my researchers were there so filled in as best they could. Very annoying.

Derek

Oh dear Derek that's not good. Are you still speaking to each other :shock:

I think if my other half had been in your shoes he'd have just told me rather bluntly (ooh no reference to BillyB meant there ha ha ) to make sure I knew exactly where my wellies and mop were for when he got back.... or to use my initiative and/or a brick. :unsure::lol:

Make a note of the ISBN number and try somewhere like Waterstones or W.H.smiths ask if they can get hold of a copy for you.

Waterstones definately do that but it takes a while but not sure about WHS as they weren't helpful when we needed one for the lads college course. We bought through Amazon in the end as that was quicker than the first too.

The local libraries will sometimes source a book though and they then add it to their shelves. They did it for my other half not so long ago with a book he wanted that they didn't have but that also took quite a while.

Oh dear Derek that's not good. Are you still speaking to each other :shock:

I think if my other half had been in your shoes he'd have just told me rather bluntly (ooh no reference to BillyB meant there ha ha ) to make sure I knew exactly where my wellies and mop were for when he got back.... or to use my initiative and/or a brick. :unsure::lol:

Communications have been resumed after a fashion. The irritating thing is that Nataya insists that it must have been me who left the tap running as I was the last one to leave the house and there's a chance that she may even be right - I had been checking one of her bike tyres for a puncture which made me a bit late.

Your post has given me an idea, though - I'm going to get a spare key cut and ask my neighbour if they'll hold on to it for us in case of emergencies, so thank you for that.

Onwards and upwards.

Derek.

I use to surprise my wife by leaving the hot tap running, swirling around the foam and bubbles and timed everything perfectly so that, the moment she walked through the door, the dishes were piled up and waiting for her. :wink:

Bet she only fell for that once wolfie!. :D :grin: