How Sad Are We

Mary

This bloody Olympic Games mess is getting worse.

Just caught something on the news where they said after rehearsals this week it has now been decided to cut the grand opening cermony by half an hour. They are now having to practicing a more 'refined' version.

WHY... well they are worried that if it goes over slightly people may be left stranded and wont be able to catch the last busses/trains home. :roll:

It's the opening ceremony for goodness sake... some people have spent over £2k for a ticket.....SURELY it's not that hard to extend the public transport working hours for another half hour or so :evil::roll:

AND..... IT'S DISGUSTING THAT THEY have COMPLETELY CUT the 10 minute section at the end with the stunt bikes. These poor people must be devestated. A once in a lifetime opportunity and no doubt many many hours of them practicing, not to mention the excitement for them, JUST DROPPED A WEEK BEFORE !!

Unfortunately they could not be interviewd on camera due to the contracts they have signed so one spoke live over the phone to the reporter :wink:

Me... well I'd have just told them where to stick their bloody olympic contract as it's not worth anything now anyway <_<

You really are a sad bar steward,you are one of life's miseries who thinks he is a knowall but in actually fact is so blinkered that is missing out on a hell of a lot.

Eagle I'm surprised at you calling someone by that name (even in it's alternative version), I was brought up on the shop floor and can cuss' with the rest of them, but personally I think it is one of the most derogatory terms that you can hurl at any one. :shock:

• Upvote 1

Qur'an

And why are you so concerened? People don't smoke during Ramadan and that's that! :roll:

Not concerned just interested if there wa any genuine, religious reasion for it - look if you don't know that's fair enough.

(Just as well I didn't make a critical remark if that's your reaction to a simple question :roll::roll: )

Chill out pills available from me if anyone needs them (they are't really pills just little licquorice imps but they make me feel happy.)

Anyway back to the Olympics ...............

G4S

Shortened Opening Ceremny for reasons I already mentioned above

AND NOW

Thousands of Home Office staff are to strike for 24 hours next Thursday the DAY BEFORE the Olympics open. This includes staff from the UK Border Agency, the Identity and Passport Service and the Criminal Records Bureau.

East Midlands Trains staff have also voted to strike during the Olympics.

Disgraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves :evil:

What better opportunity presents itself for an effective strike, especially given the Gov arn't talking to the Union and are still cutting staff. With working folk carrying the can for the Bankers, while the Bankers slip away with their golden handshakes, it's about time the worm finally turned imo. :angry:

Yeah but I've just suddenly thought of another far 'better and effective opportunity'. Oh me the cynic again :oops:

All this hype over sudden security problems, proposed strikes, and the unexpected contingency plans that have suddenly been brought into force at the last minute to make sure all goes well regardless ...

Just think how good the UK, our government leaders and of course our armed forces (the latter of which are good anyway) are going to look if it all goes according to plan after all despite what we and the rest of the world are now reading :wink:

like I said... just me suddenly being a tad cynical for a change :unsure::lol:

It will all be fine so just enjoy :D

Well you wouldn't notice the decrease of customs staff at N/West ports and airports, due to redundancies and transfers to London for the Olympics, and folk will no doubt delight in coming in through the green lane, including arms and drug smugglers. It's only when those arms and drugs eventually turn up on our streets and a reduced Police Force have to sort out the consequences, that questions start being asked. :roll: