Want to become a Citizen?

observer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst having a clear out, I came across a draft copy of the Community Action Party manifesto. It has left me rather confused, as whilst we have a poster ranting about immigration and asylum, CAP says, quote: These are bogus issues created by the media and national parties to divert attention away from their own shortcomings. This seems at odds with some of the comments on here. :shock:

With a net 250,000 immigrants per year coming in, and a Border Agency that doesn't know where the illegals are, and the Police and LAs without the staff to round up those living in back sheds for example, with a significant number of foreign prison inmates, all using up legal aid to dodge deportation; I think it's something worthy of OBsessing about. Alas, you will no doubt wait until the ship hits the iceberg, before recognising there's a problem. :roll:

Kije, given the range of topics I've introduced to this forum, you could argue I'm being OBsessive about them all; you are merely focusing on the opinions YOU don't like. Governments have to run every aspect of the National interest, it's traditional priority being the safety and security of it's people; but all issues are interelated in the corporate governance of the State and imo require equal application of policy. :roll:

Obs I suggest you count how many topics you have started about immigration, everyone's positions are fixed, you are changing nothing but for some reason you continually bring it up, the three or four people who post on this topic are with you, I am not!,. So what are you trying to achieve by consistently keeping posting on here.. You are not going to win any one else over. So what is your point? Everyone knows where you stand. Have you another agenda by keeping it going and keeping it at the forefront of everyone's mind. I think so, and they are being taken in :wink:

In order of prioritie.

Is getting are banks working properly and lending again or sorting out immigration better for the economy

Which one would you sort out first Peter?

Why not sort them both out at the same time? It's not as if the government is short-handed :wink: :wink:

Kije, I think that we could have been discussing the immigration and the illegals some years ago, when obs was in his other life. But it's a bit like WW2, never stop talking about lest we forget.

As for priorities, doesn't the Government have different departments that deal with all manner of issues?

The problem being about the illegal/immigration issues, is that no Government for at least the last 20 years, has seen it as a problem Bit like the bankers and their bonuses,(Amazing how Labour are now shouting the odds).

There are lots of stable door problems at the moment and the EU opened a real problem when they encouraged free entry into other countries. We seem to have got the criminals, that the police can't find, the prisons let go, and the rich boys in Westminster think the streets don't need policing.

And no doubt your comeback will be, "where's your proof"? :roll:

Welcome to the real world.

Peter, do yourself a favour stop reading the Mail, it looks like your starting to believe what they write.

Ps

I think it has been years since you moved in the real World :wink:

I don't read newspapers. That's rich coming from you who has been quoting the Mail lately. :roll: