Cyclist and A Pedestrian

Cleopatra

A pedestrian stepped off the pavement and into the road without looking one day and promptly gets knocked flat by a passing cyclist.

"You were really lucky there," said the cyclist.

"What the hell are you talking about! That really hurt!" said the pedestrian, back on the pavement, rubbing his head.

"Well, usually I drive a bus!" the cyclist replied.

We're getting serious on the jokes pages and jokes on the discussion pages. Not good for a permanently confused oldie like me!:shock:

Dave, it happens frequently, I'm afraid it very often turns into 'handbags at forty paces' by the resident 'Fishwives'. :wink::D :grin:

I'm permanently confused too these days Ringo and I've not even hit 50 yet

I did not hit fifty it hit me and after a brief struggle I managed to come out on top albeit a tad older and probably less wiser then when I started. As for confusion wasn't he a Chinese philosopher ? :blink:

Good one Ringo.. :lol::lol::lol:

Evils... when 50 hit you did you suddenly turn really grumpy for a while. Only asking as my other half is 50 this weekend and I'm wondering if we should put hard hats on for the day/week/month/year :unsure::lol:

Yip, Dizzy, it happens with the realisation that you are well over the hill. But eventually you start thinking 'ah what the hell! You only live once, let's do something crazy like jumping out of a plane!' :lol:

with or without a parachute! :D :grin:

Not so much grumpy as a sort of uneasy restlessness. As if you should be doing something and don't know what. (a bit like being a government minister I suppose) :wink:

Only tends to last about six months at which point you have either got over it or been done in by your other half. :unsure::mrgreen:

Uneasy restlessness... no change there then as he's neen like that since since his 40th :lol::unsure:

Cleo... would me pushing him off the bridge as we walk to the pub give him the same adrenalin rush as a parachute jump (just trying to save a bit of money) :wink:

It has already been established that I'm no good at maths this week so if the rope is 1/100th out in length do you think he will forgive me :lol:

Blimey this topic has really gone off on a tangent but better than watching the footy :lol:

( I hope my other half isn't secretly reading and keeping tabs on me though as it may spoil the surprise and he might put up more of a struggle)

( I hope my other half isn't secretly reading and keeping tabs on me though as it may spoil the surprise and he might put up more of a struggle)

You haven't mentioned handcuffs anywhere.

I treat every birthday and an achievement. I have lived another year without anyone bumping me off.

No matter what your age, it is up to you as an individual to decide whether you want to be 10 years younger or 10 years older.

But there again, have you noticed that when pep[le reach 65, they have a different dress style? ie Pensioners outfits. Very sad.

It has already been established that I'm no good at maths this week so if the rope is 1/100th out in length do you think he will forgive me :lol:

He won't forgive you if he drowns. :unsure::lol:

You haven't mentioned handcuffs anywhere.

I treat every birthday and an achievement. I have lived another year without anyone bumping me off.

No matter what your age, it is up to you as an individual to decide whether you want to be 10 years younger or 10 years older.

But there again, have you noticed that when pep[le reach 65, they have a different dress style? ie Pensioners outfits. Very sad.

Think young and you will be young!, unfortunately you can't do anything about how the outside surface degrades, anyway Peter there's nowt wrong with a cloth cap, wooly 'cardy' and baggy cord trousers for going bowling in, and that's only what the Missus wears!. :wink::D :grin: