Forced Marriage?

observer

Yugoslavia, lived peacefully Obs because Tito's secret ~Police made people disappear, as soon as he was gone it was all over, And your example of Nortern Ireland is a bad one as the protestants forced the Catholics into gettos, I actually agree with you on forced marriages, but you are making it very difficult <_<

...the segregation that the liberal luvvies call cultural diversity; has allowed such practises to continue in our midst.

You're still off your chump.

Forced marriage is no more acceptable in our society than promiscuity would be acceptable in theirs.

I fully agree that forced marriage isn't acceptable.

On the face of it, it might look like that's the kind of answer you were looking for when starting this thread.

But it isn't, is it?

In N/Ireland they had 300 years of sectarian history pumped into them from the cradle and had their differences confirmed by different "faith" schools. Think Tito was more benign than you think and certainly more respected; but even if you were right; it demonstrates that strong central Government can control these disparate anarchic elements. :roll:

Slight difference between repression and not doing those things that promote division and segregation EI - Faith schools, involvement of any religion in public life ( EG Bishops in House of Lords); concessions to seperate cultural developement paid for by the taxpayer; etc etc. :roll:

How strong a government do you want, how many people would have disappeared on this forum, I don't think you or I would still be on, we would both be dead, or working down the salt mines in Winsford :shock:

I think we should have a very very very strong government in that case! :D

Perhaps many Bishops are Gay?! :wink:

They're against gay marriage because they're gay - is that a variation on homophobia=repressed homeosexulaity (does that mean Baz is just repressing his republican, subconscious beliefs? :D )

Or is it that the bishops want an excuse not to marry their lovers?

In any case criticism of them has consequences for verily it is written

" He who repeatedly bashes the bishop his eyes shall grow dim" I think it's the Book of Dwayne :)