Olympic Games Opening Ceremony PLEASE NO !!!

Dizzy

Please someone tell me it's not true and it's all a big joke !

After seeing Sir Paul McCartney's awful and rather emabrrasing attempts at singing and getting the crowd involved during the Queens Diamond Jubilee Concert......

I've just read that on Tuesday (the day after his naff performance) that he announced to the world that he has been booked for the 'closing' of the opening ceremony at the London 2012 Olympic Games :shock:

Please NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!

The world's eyes will be on us and if that is the best we can do as the flame gets officially lit then we will be a laughing stock... just as many people are still laughing about his performance on Monday (and his rather odd lack of facial expression too... too much botox maybe?)

What on earth are the organisers thinking of ? :roll:

Katherine Jenkins would have been a far better choice. Her singing 'I vow to thee my country' makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and sends a tingle through my body. She would have wowed the world.

As for the over-rated scouser......well you wouldn't want to know what I think of that money grabbing, talentless ex beatle.

I can never see what all the fuss is about McCartney and the Beatles to be honest.... yes they introduced a new style of music to the world, but the weren't particularly good musicians when the majority of their music was recorded.

The Sex Pistols introduced a new style of music to the world (well Malcolm Maclaren did anyway) and to be honest, I'd much rather watch Johnny Rotten (Lydon) than Macca anyday!

Baz

I agree with most of what you say, but, pray, tell me what new music the Beatles introduced? All they did was re-invent an "old music" and perform it rather worse than those who played it first time round.

But why are we picking on McCartney? What about that tub of lard Elton John? He was also an embarrassment.

Yes Katherine Jenkins was in a class above most of the rest of them, but really her main virtue is that she is rather nice Eye Candy. Her voice, when compared with real opera singers, is really quite ordinary. You can probably find her equal in your local amateur theatre group.

The people we should really be blaming are our schools for not providing pupils with a musical education that would enable them to tell the difference between real music and junk.

I can never see what all the fuss is about McCartney and the Beatles to be honest.... yes they introduced a new style of music to the world, but the weren't particularly good musicians when the majority of their music was recorded.

The Sex Pistols introduced a new style of music to the world (well Malcolm Maclaren did anyway) and to be honest, I'd much rather watch Johnny Rotten (Lydon) than Macca anyday!

It was the way they were merchandised, if it hadn't been for Epsteine they would never had made it.

More info released which I'm sure you've seen :lol:

The fantastic 'jaw dropping?' opening ceremony will also include what looks like Telletubbie Land with farmers tilling soil while real live animals graze. I wonder if animal rights people will be up in arms about them using live animals and whether the animals will be freaked out by the million wayy sound system and all the people? The will be 12 horses, three cows, two goats, 10 chickens, 10 ducks, nine geese, 70 sheep and three sheep dogs and also fluffy white clouds which will rain..... not forgetting the maypoles and Glastonbury mosh pits :blink::unsure:

Im sure it will be good but it does seem a bit odd.

I wonder if they will scatter beer cans, crisp packets and the odd dumped fridge or settee around the countryside scene to make it even more realistic :wink:

The opening ceremony will be a shoestring effort compared to Beijing; so why bother at all? Be cheaper just to repeat the frugal '45 Olympics. :unsure:

You may mean the '48 olympics - another international contest was still going on in '45.

It also involved medals but had a much higher injury rate.