The Queens Diamond Jubilee Celebrations Today

Bazj

Actually on average all things considered the earth is flat.

if you go up a mountain and then come down you on average have been on a level. the distance you descend being the same as you ascend means that on average you have stayed on the same level. simples. :wink:

if you go up a mountain and then come down you on average have been on a level. the distance you descend being the same as you ascend means that on average you have stayed on the same level. simples. :wink:

And don't forget that most people have more than the average (that is the mean) number of legs. :)

What you have to remmeber, Lt, is that as far as Baz is concerned it's okay to cherry pick examples whcih suit his view but to ignore ones which don't.

The same mentality applies with throwing up examples such as Zimbabwe, and the interweb default setting of bringing up the Nazis :roll: .

Doesn't everyone do that to support their arguments Nick? Kije mentioned Germany because he thinks we are more like Germany..... which says a lot about his thoughts!!

And as for Zimbabwe; you will find that you mentioned it first so I guess you are right with your "The same mentality applies with throwing up examples such as Zimbabwe" statement after all!!

and of course them your fellow Republican traitor Kije mentioned it parrot fashion as per usual!!

and yes the Nazis were a minority.... or are you denying that fact to suit your argument I wonder?

No Baz I mentioned Germany because, their President like or Queen is ceremonial, and the populations are similar, although Germanies is bigger, should make a good comparison unlike yours, yours was just unbelievable, The Presiident of the USA is not a ceremonial position. And then you have to take size of the Country and population into account. Like I said the whole of the UK would fit into California.

I think the German president costs the Germans about £22 million, ( this is based off old information 4 years old appox)

How doe that compare?

Eh ....... no, the average is halfway up, or halfway down.

• Downvote 1

and your point is what? We may pay more for the Queen, but the return we get far outweighs the initial cost.

Would you go to Germany to see their presidents house?

Personally I go to Germany to drive very fast on their motorways and drink beer and vodka..... not much else to do there to be honest!

What do we get? I think people come to see the palaces not her

yet another deluded answer...... they come to see the QUEEN AND HER PALACES.... if they belonged to the state or to President Bliar; no one would bother

This is becoming a huge waste of time. Is there any way to just "sign off" from particular topics? I am in favour of the the main Royals, but don't spend days arguing about it with people who have the opposite view and will never change it.

By the way, is this a ten minute argument or the full half hour?